Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Diff Upgrade.

OzTurtle

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II Redline
Thanks for the update mate - glad it has met your expectations.

When you say just don't launch it, is that just during the 500km run in stage?

Yeah, for the first 500k's no hard take offs, or stomp the gas to the floor while moving. After that everything will be settled and good to go.

Eterno

Reaction score
Members Ride
SS 2015 Wagon Vf V8
Thank's for the info and update sounds good, I am seriously considering doing this if i decide to do the odd test and tune night for a bit of fun. The wagons are geared high!

Obx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline
OZTurtle, is that the total price you pay for the whole job?? Also where did you get it done and how long you have to leave the car in for? Silly question, does it need another retune afterwards?? Also look soon to get mine done...thanks in advance

mitchy_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Senator SV08
i went to 3.9 in a manual series 1 it was around 2100 at 100km/h much nicer to drive around the streets though:D

In what gear?

In my manual Senator with 4.11's, 100km/h in sixth gear is about 1850rpm. 110km/h is a smidge over 2000rpm.

OzTurtle

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II Redline
OZTurtle, is that the total price you pay for the whole job?? Also where did you get it done and how long you have to leave the car in for? Silly question, does it need another retune afterwards?? Also look soon to get mine done...thanks in advance

End price came in at $1,850 as they also changed the bearings. I had it done at APS Frankston, awesome work and great to deal with. They had the car for 3 full days, and I could have collected it Wednesday afternoon but couldn't get there till Thursday morning. Total price was all supply and fit, including having the speedo recalibrated, no other retune required.

Eterno

Reaction score
Members Ride
SS 2015 Wagon Vf V8
Good question OZTurtle was going to ask the same thing myself, as I have just finished some mods and final tune on mine this week and happy with the difference from stock but would still love to swap diff ratio's for the odd test and tune night as I mentioned before have done this years ago on a worked GTS and difference over the quarter mile was well worth doing!

markalan1two

Smile and wave boys !!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
X5 BMW, GenF2 GTS, HSV Y R8, AMG C43
In what gear?

In my manual Senator with 4.11's, 100km/h in sixth gear is about 1850rpm. 110km/h is a smidge over 2000rpm.
its was a auto so in sixth