Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

difference between aussie and NZ VN's !!

Reaction score
Members Ride
94 holden belina sedan 5L V8
ive noticed that there a few minor differenced between australian assembled and nz VN commodores, all nz executives have a tachometer and map lights and rear reading lights, electric mirrors, also badges on nz models read COMMODORE on the left and EXECUTIVE on the right there is no holden badge on any model, NZ also dusent have a vacationer model after the VL,
I just thought to see weather this is the same in australia, because i thought all aussie execs didnt have a tacho or additional interior lights etc
it would be interesting to see what u think!

fu2

The Man With No Name
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Berlina II - GU Patrol CRD
i havnt seen an exec vn with a tach reading lights and back reading lights over here. tachos didnt come in till the vr exec.

also nz had some different models like the vn gts 3.8.

so yeah there are some differences

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Sounds like NZ Executives are the same as Lexcens? do you have the remote boot release and a power antenna too?

Reaction score
Members Ride
yeah remote boot release, power antenna with buttons on dash for up and down, also light in boot, glovebox and arm rest, another interesting thing over here is that the VR/S models had a version called the royale which was a commodore body witch was produced with a statesman/caprice front end, and was completely kitted with calais options, the brand Royale is essentially a calais, in NZ we have has royales from the VH to the VT i think, NZ also never has an executive model up untill the VN,

mouce

Physics Geek
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN V6 Series 1 Executive Sedan
fu2 said:
i havnt seen an exec vn with a tach reading lights and back reading lights over here. tachos didnt come in till the vr exec.

also nz had some different models like the vn gts 3.8.

so yeah there are some differences

I've got a VN S1 exec with a tacho. Came factory fitted. It's just the L2 cluster.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
So you don't have a Berlina in NZ then? can't see the point if your Executives are Berlinas:)

Reaction score
Members Ride
yeah i also just purchased a vn berlina, all the VN berlinas over here are fitted with the 2L 4cyl injected camira engine, and the Vn berlina has all the extra lights etc also has a fully padded boot lining, but does not have electric aerial or mirrors, weird huh!!! the berlina did not get fitted with the 3.8 v6 untill the VP

s_pack

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VY SS
You guys are crazy over there lol Heard about the 2l 4 cyls but not your crazy badge positioning and model indentities and that :D The Royale sounds like an Opel Senator.

Garth

Your guess is as good as mine......
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
100 series Toyota Landcruiser V8 monster
my exec came with the following, half has since either been removed or disabled

central locking (would lock me in or out)
electric areial (got snaped in a car-park)
cruise controll (still fitted
map lights
tacho dash
padded boot
fe2 suspension (since removed for stock comfort ride dont ask)
electric mirrors
and factory fitted alarm (disabled, has aftermarket alarm with boot release as alarm died)

traced my car back threw holden, was orded fully optioned for a insurance company gio to be exact.

so the vn can come out with all the goodies, just needs to be ordered from factory with all options
there was a light above the speedo, but that was taken out straight away.