Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Difference between Regular VF SV6 and Evoke VF SV6

RyderReid

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Commodore
I have been recently been looking at VF Commodores on Carsales and I would like to know what is the real difference between the Regular SV6 VF commodore and the Evoke VF Commodore. Are there any different technical specs I can't figure out?

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
I have been recently been looking at VF Commodores on Carsales and I would like to know what is the real difference between the Regular SV6 VF commodore and the Evoke VF Commodore. Are there any different technical specs I can't figure out?
Bigger engine in the SV6?

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Is your thread title a typo? Only checking ‘cos Evoke is not an SV6, Evoke’s the very base model with the 3L engine and SV6 has the 3.6L which puts out numerous more llama-thrusts (you need to drive the two to understand how they really compare).

Sam_100’s links are probably the best guide, answer can be summarised as SV6 having more power & more equipment & the suspension’s more ”sporty”.

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
SV6 externally and interior wise is the same as an SS with the 3.6 litre V6 instead of the SS V8. Evoke is the base model, no body kit, smaller wheels, smaller 3.0 litre V6 engine, less refined interior without sports (FE2) suspension. Personally, I wouldn't buy an Evoke if you can spend a bit more on the SV6 that's a better car on all levels.

Reactions: Lex

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
The evoke has the smallest engine 3.0l (3.6 lpg)with a basic cloth trim.
Its fairly cheap feeling inside and the seats are pretty crap but still drives nice and has plenty of power for daily driving.

The sv6 has a step up in engine to 3.6l and has a better trim which is more leathery/suede and the seats are much better.
Depending on the year you can get some other nice to haves.

The evoke is the true povo/fleet pack but still a decent amount of vehicle for the low prices they go for but i would get the zb before the evoke because you get so much more for the similar pricing.

If you are thinking sv6 vs evoke then get the sv6 because it is a much nicer long driver.

I travel 500km+ per week for work and i have had the sv6 and evoke and i found the sv6 much more comfortable because of the seats and better suspension, the evoke feels a bit floaty at 100kph on country roads.

The vf ssv is even better for these driving conditions so if you can look at the ss/v variants too.