Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Differences between SS and SS-V?

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
You're wrong. But I can deal with it. :D Don't care if you can't.

I may be wrong about "Forged" alloys, whatever that means, but they're definitely 19 inch alloys standard. As for the rest, projector headlights, blacked out clear tail lights, full iQ, leather everywhere (seats, trim, wheel, shifter - and I added the leather console lid), alloy pedals, yup - SSVs get em all. SatNav is the only option afaik (and I have it) but not having it doesn't mean you don't have a full iQ system.

Remember the SSV was the top of the range sports model without going to HSV. They added the Redline later and didn't take away luxury from the SSV. Redline got chrome rims, Brembo front brakes and FE3 suspension. If SatNav came standard too that's cool. But everything else is SSV spec. If you want I'm happy to compare and prove it to you. :)

2010_SSV

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore SSV Redline 2014
Redline also comes with factory Sunroof if I'm not mistaken...Well mine has one ...

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
Yup - sunroof is an option for everything. Standard on nothing.

Loaded Dice

.... Lets roll.
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 SSV Redline
No not wrong, perhaps your dealer ticked a few extra boxes to get a fatter wallet. Most of the extras in the Redline package were optional extras on the base models. The sunroof was given away free for the first few months of S2, but otherwise was a standard option, was not part of Redline package.

Forgot to add the Bose speaker upgrade with subbies as part of the Redline pack.

And FWIW, no VE ever got chrome rims, redline or not.

torana355

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SERIES 2 MY11 SSV A6 in IVY GREEN
No not wrong, perhaps your dealer ticked a few extra boxes to get a fatter wallet. Most of the extras in the Redline package were optional extras on the base models. The sunroof was given away free for the first few months of S2, but otherwise was a standard option, was not part of Redline package.

Forgot to add the Bose speaker upgrade with subbies as part of the Redline pack.

No what Rajesh said is 100% correct. Besides the forged wheels all that other gear was 100% standard on at least the 2011 SSV. I have the original paperwork for my car and it had no extra options except for paint and leather protection. Also the VE redline did indeed have chrome rims that were ugly as hell.

Major Herbie

Reaction score
Members Ride
'10 Pontiac G8 Manual '10 VE SV6 Manual

Being that I have one of the Limited Edition SSV's I know that the "Bose speaker upgrade" with the subs and GM amp are standard because I have just a normal SSV.
There's no Redline in the Series I

I have the build sheet here that has no extra options in regards to sound system.

Last edited:

Loaded Dice

.... Lets roll.
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 SSV Redline
edited.... I think this comment was actually wrong.

torana355

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SERIES 2 MY11 SSV A6 in IVY GREEN