Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Different Event

VSTrev

The Stig!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS & VS Ute
Guys i just had a thought...

I've noticed that from what i have seen all the events seem to be cruises, not that this is a bad thing but what about something different.

Why can't we (Just Commodores) hire a circuit (Eg, Eastern Creek) for a day. If we get enough people and we all chip in it can't be that expensive and we get to have a fun day blasting full pace around some of Australias finest pieces of tarmac.

Not that I would be the one to organise something like this or anything i was just wondering what everyone thought?

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
Id be up for that. plenty of notice as to when/ where and id head your way from Warrnambool. Probably be able to find another 20 cars interested too with enough time.

ElDubya

Mad As A Meataxe
Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE Commodore V6
I doubt it would happen. You would need at least 500 hundred entrants alone, and even then the public liability insurance would kill it before it even got off the ground.

Can you imagine the size of the premium needed to encourage the owners of Eastern Creek (or anywhere for that matter) to let a few hundred car enthusiasts loose on their international racing circuit with unrestricted speed limit's?

That explains why Powercruise is $220 for a single driver, car and camping, if paid at the gate.

$220 x 500 cars = $110, 000. That would cover the public liability premium, maybe.

[And anyway, I am jealous because I am in QLD and couldn't come :(]

Macca177

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman V8
im not 100% sure on $$$ but i did think eastern creek/oran park was avalible for this sort of event at a decent $$$, i know mates have been out on road bikes out there and ive heard of other small events.

while writing this ive wizzzd over to the webaddy
Eastern Creek Hire Day Info
(in pdf)

Wots said on http://www.eastern-creek-raceway.com/

The entire complex can be hired or individual areas may be rented separately.

ARDC staff are experienced in event management and can assist with planning your activity, our professional caterers can service all your hospitality requirements.

Anyway i rekon its a good idea and im sure many of the other tracks round oz would b happy to do sumthin similar. im sure a deal could b worked out if the requierd numbers are meet.

AS long as i can play in my near stock v6 haha wonder if the old man will let me borrow the 5ltr instead :D

VSTrev

The Stig!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS & VS Ute
OK, I do know for sure that they do hire the track out and no it isn't cheap. However you get enough people it can be affordable.

Yes you can do drive days however i just thought it would be great for us to get out there as a group.

As far as i know regarding Liability insurance, its all at your own risk. You would have to sign a waver stating that your entering here at your own risk and any damage to property or self would be at your own expense. Your normal car insurance does NOT cover you for events of this nature. So just don't hit anyone or anything.
Eastern Creek would have some kind of liability cover that would basically stop us from suing them.

I only Used Eastern Creek as an example, if anyone was to organise a day at any of the circuits in QLD, NSW or VIC then i would consider going. I would love to have a fang at Phillip Island, Sandown, Eastern Creek, Oran Park, Wakefield Park, QLD Raceway, etc... I don't really care.

I don't really have the time at the moment so if anyone wants to look into it, be my guest. ;)