Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Different Revisions of the VE Commodore?

B-roca

I’m an F-18, bro
Reaction score
Members Ride
N/A
Hey Guys

Ok so I have been hearing all this stuff like "MY10" and all that stuff and how they are all slightly different revisions of the VE Commodore. So can someone explain exactly what the differences are I tried to have a look on Google but I came up empty.

Cheers B-roca

heloanand

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Omega
here is the diff version

Model year changes

I have often been asked this or gotten into debate over the topic of MY year dates for the VE. Here is what I have found.

From the VZ model onwards, Holden ceased the long-standing tradition of offering "Series II" and occasional "Series III" revisions to the Commodore range and its derivatives. Holden instead began using a series of running changes over VE's lifetime, signified by model year (MY) as used by many manufacturers across the world

MY08
Models came in April 2007. The horizontal wood grain key line across the dash on the Berlina was replaced by a matte silver insert. Also, the recessed buttons on the Omega key fob were now raised and made of a more durable plastic. This did not affect the remaining variants, fitted with the "flip-out" key fob from launch.

MY08.5
changes from August 2007 coincided with launch of the VE Ute.

MY09
Models were launched on 15 March 2008. Six airbags were made standard across the range—Omega and SV6 variants were previously fitted with two and four airbags respectively. Omega models also received standard fitment of air conditioning, 16 inch alloy wheels, body colour wing mirrors and door handles, and a new grille insert with chrome highlights. Revised alloy wheel designs were featured on the Calais (seven-spoke) and Calais V (10-spoke).

MY09.5
Upgrades affected models ordered from 21 October 2008. Instrument cluster illumination was commonised to white. The turn-by-turn satellite navigation and Berlina V8 options were deleted. Engine wise, the "premium" version of the Alloytec V6 was now fitted to the Omega and Berlina, bringing improved fuel consumption and a slight reduction in engine output. A range of safety upgrades were also introduced. Further MY09.5 changes were introduced in March 2009. The space-saver spare wheel was deleted and replaced by two no-cost options: either a lightweight tyre inflator kit or a full-size spare wheel (previously an extra cost). Sportwagon Calais V and SS V variants receive an alloy spare wheel if the full-size spare is chosen, while the remainder of the line-up receives a steel wheel spare. March also signaled an opportunity for Holden to replace the dark-grey horizontal dashboard strip and steering wheel spokes as used on the SV6, SS and SS V to a matte silver type. The safety improvements made to the Omega sedan from October production onwards were also introduced for the Omega Sportwagon (see above). The EcoLine variants announced in 2008 were also introduced around this time (see above), and the "V-Series" insignia used on SS V and Calais V models was deleted, replaced by a single "SS V" or "Calais V" badge.

MY10
Versions of the VE were released in September 2009. A new 3.0 litre and 3.6 litre V6 has been introduced, featuring Spark Ignition Direct Injection (SIDI) and coupled to a new six-speed automatic transmission (see above). These revised powertrains are marketed as part of Holden's EcoLine range. Visually, all SIDI versions are distinguished by relocated and additional EcoLine badging, 3.0 litre versions now utilise twin exhaust outlets, and the Omega switches from green to blue interior lighting. Updated cars also gain a recalibrated suspension setup and an extra ball-joint in the rear suspension (previously introduced on the Sportwagon); the result is increased tautness and improved handling in models fitted with 18 and 19 inch diameter wheels. These cars are also equipped with a larger 24-millimetre (0.9 in) rear stabiliser bar. Additional engine bay sound deadening and a new muffler together provide improvements to noise, vibration, and harshness. Elsewhere, the fitment of lighter low rolling-resistance tyres aids fuel consumption by minimising friction.

With thanks to Wikipedia
Holden VE Commodore - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Omegaman2

Reaction score
Members Ride
Omega sportswagon
Is there a tangible benefit to performance to using premium fuel in 09 VE sportswagon vs to standard unleaded fuels? If so, what are the benefits?

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
Model year changes

I have often been asked this or gotten into debate over the topic of MY year dates for the VE. Here is what I have found.

From the VZ model onwards, Holden ceased the long-standing tradition of offering "Series II" and occasional "Series III" revisions to the Commodore range and its derivatives. Holden instead began using a series of running changes over VE's lifetime, signified by model year (MY) as used by many manufacturers across the world

Until the GFC and the belt tightening at Holden so the VF was significantly delayed and they've gone back to the cheap "Series" updates. There was never going to be a VE Series 2 until last year. Unfortunately now, there is.