Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

DiFillipo and Xforce

geo41e

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SS V
Hey guyz

now i know this has been covered alot.

However i just want o say/ask one thing.

was at a car wash and a ute pulled in, running a full set of difillipo system
i'm running a full xforce setup with varex.

now when i gave it a rev, his one sounds much throatier...very nice
mine sounds abit more airy/raspy

now my question is, if i change just the mufflers to Difillipo, wwould you think the sound would be the same ? or would the cat back/b pipe/resonator be so different that it wouldn't make that much ?

Cheers guyz

-Geoff

HSV085

Reaction score
Members Ride
16' VF2 Redline, 17' VF2 GTS
Just changing the rear mufflers wont affect the sound alot, it'll sound slightly different but thats about it. Having just switch from a df to kpm i definatly miss the awsome note of the df(the kpm is a tad too quiet), If you really want the df sound then switch to a 3inch df catback.

ozi_musl

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS M6
XForce 1 7/8" Stainless Steel Headers | 3" Stainless Steel Cat Back | 3" Varex Mufflers | Orrosom OTR Intake - It might be because of those Varex f...rs that u've got, I've heard nothing but **** about them. When my baby girl was born i thought of replacing rear mufflers to Varex ones, but when i rang exhaust place they told me its bit of waist of money 'coz it sound like BIG WET FART

geo41e

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SS V
haehaehae thankx ozi

i'm liking the sound of my varex..but coz if the butterfly valve at the end...i rekon its "cutting" the note has it sounds a tad airy.

but i have to sayhaving those varex mufflers have helped me with coppers twice now ;)

Malus

Reaction score
Members Ride
E3 Maloo
Xforce use a "X" pipe scavenging collector infront of the centre muffler where difillipo uses a "H" pipe. The x pipe gives a cleaner flow and allowes a more even ballance between the left and right bank. The H pipe causes a slight verburation between the two banks giving you that throaty burble note. A few guys have had the X section taken out of the xforce systems and replaced with a H pipe. But due to the xforce have a single centre muffler and the difillipo having 2 long hotdog style mufflers they will never sound the same.

geo41e

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SS V
bugger

hey malus...what do u mean buy single center muffler ?

on my setup, its has (one each bank) headers > single pipe then kissing the other banks pipe > resonator > varex muffler

Malus

Reaction score
Members Ride
E3 Maloo
the centre muffler is the one you describe as the resonator. The one with 2 inlets and 2 outlets.

geo41e

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SS V
well..with my setup i have two resonators....
one on each side ?

H1GHROLLR

CHEMICALLY SUPERCHARGED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX CLUBSPORT R8 LS1
x force sound sooo shite , end of story ! di fillipo by far the best on the market !