Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Digital Speedo

colgf

Reaction score
Members Ride
s/charged v6 HR Holden, s/charged v6 EH Holden,
I just had my 2003 VY S/C V6 Calais cluster enabled in "Police Mode" by local GMH Dealer . Cost $66 ,they have to do whats called "A Diagnostic Check" (which means plug in their Tech Scanner & press a few buttons to talk to the Car ECU to get it into "Police Mode") . Well worth the dough, the large readout is superb, I cant stop looking at it , specially at 225 kph indicated!!!!!!

mal1988

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II Executive
I'm currently getting my VYII enabled at Penfold Holden in Burwood, and they keep reiterating to me that "their not suppose to do it due to liability issues" if I get caught speeding etc etc. look, I know that it's a problem for them if I trust the digital speedo, but why make is standard in the VZ and VE if it's going to be a problem?? I just want the digital readout ok? lol

schrinky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore Executive 9C1
how do ya turn ya dashlights off without turning your headlights off aswell. and when has a vt ever had a digital speedo?

yeah how do they get turned off (VT 1 9C1) without headlights off? this would be really handy as i do a fair bit of night highway driving and hate having all the dash lights on cause they are really bright when there are no other cars around. I love having the digital speedo, i have noticed that the dial speedo lags in a quick take off! the digital can skip numbers so it can increase quicker!

TMM

OEM+
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina S2
I'm currently getting my VYII enabled at Penfold Holden in Burwood, and they keep reiterating to me that "their not suppose to do it due to liability issues" if I get caught speeding etc etc. look, I know that it's a problem for them if I trust the digital speedo, but why make is standard in the VZ and VE if it's going to be a problem?? I just want the digital readout ok? lol
Sounds like a load of crap. Garry and Warren Smith Holden in oakleigh did mine for free with a service :).

dah_man_ben

Reaction score
Members Ride
Tesla Model 3 Performance, Mazda 6
Sounds like a load of crap. Garry and Warren Smith Holden in oakleigh did mine for free with a service :).

Got mine done a month ago with a service just like you for nothing at Hamilton Holden in SA

kazza13

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman
Just called north city holden in osborne park, asked for police mode digital speedo mod for a vu. After talking to two techs the lady said that "they dont have the program to change it". This is the second time I have talked to them and the second time I feel let down...
My friend is a mechanic and he has a diagnostic handheld computer thing but im not sure if its "tech 2", can any compatable reader do this mod?

Harrison

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
04' VYII 3.8L A4
i saw this thread and liked the idea, took my car down to SUNCO HOLDEN on wises road in maroochydore, the guys there did it in less than 2 minutes, no charge, no hesitation... very helpful. and i looooove the benefits of it, my analogue is out about 2/3 kms