Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Director production delays

RTSV6UTE

Reaction score
Members Ride
Director build number 332..."CALDIR"
all Directors that have been delivered already will stay with the Black

Hi

Is this because some of the existing black side moulds were acceptable for use and those good ones were used on cars such as mine or will Holden just wait for the black ones to fall off the early Directors and then cover them under warranty?

I would actually prefer Holden to contact me and tell me to bring my car in to get chrome ones fitted.

Regards,

RTSV6UTE

Colonel6061

Reaction score
Members Ride
Director
Hi

Is this because some of the existing black side moulds were acceptable for use and those good ones were used on cars such as mine or will Holden just wait for the black ones to fall off the early Directors and then cover them under warranty?

I would actually prefer Holden to contact me and tell me to bring my car in to get chrome ones fitted.

Regards,

RTSV6UTE
My understanding is they are happy with the quality of the ones that went out, but Holden is planning to personally contact all director owners to explain the situation and plans to go chrome, I guess that would be the opportunity to push for the chrome on yours, I think a few of they guys that have ordered other colours eg white will not be happy and I completely get that, I ok with the chrome on my black director, but it's a controversial decision , but one I believe that had no choice to make

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
The Director name is cursed. Turning out to be as controversial as the energy polariser !

lmfvf2ssredlineute

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf2 ssv redline lmf ute
i would stick with the black side moulds , to a collector these cars will be rarer than the ones fitted with the chrome ones , and as history has shown, in years to come, the black ones will only add value to the low numbers of cars fitted with the black molds in years to come.

RTSV6UTE

Reaction score
Members Ride
i would stick with the black side moulds , to a collector these cars will be rarer than the ones fitted with the chrome ones , and as history has shown, in years to come, the black ones will only add value to the low numbers of cars fitted with the black molds in years to come.

Hi

Fair point, bit like the energy polariser!

Has anyone seen the new Walkinshaw steering wheel: http://www.walkinshawperformance.com.au/products/Steering-Wheel/

Regards,

RTSV6UTE

PSISLE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E, VF2 Director, ZB RS-V Wagon
Assuming they don't all fall off first.

RTSV6UTE

Reaction score
Members Ride
Assuming they don't all fall off first.

Hi

Here's hoping that by the time mine fall of (if in fact they do fall off), Holden would have worked out a solution to install black ones again that do in fact stay on the vehicle.

Regards,

RTSV6UTE

PSISLE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E, VF2 Director, ZB RS-V Wagon
My understanding is they are happy with the quality of the ones that went out, but Holden is planning to personally contact all director owners to explain the situation and plans to go chrome, I guess that would be the opportunity to push for the chrome on yours, I think a few of they guys that have ordered other colours eg white will not be happy and I completely get that, I ok with the chrome on my black director, but it's a controversial decision , but one I believe that had no choice to make
They were happy with how they were at the time of dispatch. My car was released to sales twice (meaning moulds were fitted, passed through quality ready for shipping) only to be held back at the last minute cos the glue failed
They have no idea how long the black moulds will last. They are half expecting a lot of the nz cars to rock up across the ditch with moulds not properly fixed down. They have been working on a fix for 6-8 weeks, with no permanent solution yet in sight, I hope I'm wrong but I can't see any reason why engineering would spend any more time on trying to get these black moulds to stick.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
Easiest way out would be to paint chrome moulds black....wouldn't it

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
How amazing that production of limited production and reasonably expensive cars built at the very end of the factory's life is held up.over something as basic as plastic strips falling off.