Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Disabling Parking Sensor sounds

BenniD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline (tweaked)
Pretty sure you can turn them off in the mylink config -> car settings -> park assist

I think that's the order

Again... it has to be done each time I put the car in reverse....

vl_nick

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Wagon, VF Redline
I just leave the door ajar if I get out and walk around (with the keys in the car).

But yeah, this annoys me. If someone works it out let us know...

You can turn this setting off so it doesn't beep when the key is left in the car and the door is closed. It is in the Mylink setting, called key left in vehicle reminder I think.

Hypnerotomachia

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
You can turn this setting off so it doesn't beep when the key is left in the car and the door is closed. It is in the Mylink setting, called key left in vehicle reminder I think.

Thanks mate - I could have sworn I turned it off the other day and the car was just ignoring my wishes. I'll have to go and check this in the morning...

</3

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf ssv redline ute
That's my fall-back plan... might come down to it soon!

Surely not, I'm positive you use the other features of sensors like pulling Into a parking spot or when it senses a car coming down the road?

BenniD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline (tweaked)
Surely not, I'm positive you use the other features of sensors like pulling Into a parking spot or when it senses a car coming down the road?

Great in theory, but like most car sensors, I'm convinced they beep to tell you that a car could one day be in that spot! They just beep to annoy...

vl_nick

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Wagon, VF Redline
Thanks mate - I could have sworn I turned it off the other day and the car was just ignoring my wishes. I'll have to go and check this in the morning...

Remember to do it for both keys as it will only change the setting for the key that is in use

vl_nick

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Wagon, VF Redline
Great in theory, but like most car sensors, I'm convinced they beep to tell you that a car could one day be in that spot! They just beep to annoy...

Yes, the parking sensors are also used for the blind spot alert, which I find an invaluable feature and love it. Also used for reverse cross traffic alert, and parking assist.