Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

DIY list help please

chenka44

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 SV6
huh? I don't want another one..just some constructive ideas for this one

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L
huh? I don't want another one..just some constructive ideas for this one

There can be no constructive ideas, because your purchased a nasty cheap rocket, and you only get what you pay for in life.

Give it to a local decent mechanic and stop messing about and either spend some real money on it, or trade it onto something that works with a warranty.

Repeat.............You ONLY get what you pay for my friend. Cheap is nasty.

chenka44

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 SV6
messing about by wanting unbiased opinion?...I wouldn't mind spending money as long as I don't get ripped of by some mechanic(spare me the comments about already being ripped off)...if anyone else cares to comment, the airbag rhs seat being faulty was quoted to me as up to $1000..is it not possibel to just buy another seat from same model etc , assuming you could see the donor car running?

chenka44

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 SV6
Give it to a local decent mechanic...and how do you know who's decent and who's not?

chenka44

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 SV6
my car is now undriveable, will somebody please help?

Commo Baba

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Acclaim Wagon.
So what happened to the 2009 SV6 'Ride' ?

No one can reach through the screen mate.

The question about just replacing the seat is best directed to the person who told you a tho

Mechanic already told you water pump. There was a list of jobs and costs already early in the thread. Have you never had a car before ?

kangavxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX SS
messing about by wanting unbiased opinion?...I wouldn't mind spending money as long as I don't get ripped of by some mechanic(spare me the comments about already being ripped off)...if anyone else cares to comment, the airbag rhs seat being faulty was quoted to me as up to $1000..is it not possibel to just buy another seat from same model etc , assuming you could see the donor car running?

Should have no issue swapping out the seat for another. Just plug n play.

phillmac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Sportswagon 2011
The norm when a fault code comes up is before spending money to re-set it. If it comes back something is wrong. Get the mechanic to fix it.
Your man can prob do the water pump without hassles. Don't worry about buttons and ****, just see what is the priority after that.

phillmac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Sportswagon 2011
Sorry, didn't read properly. If it's an airbag fault could try swapping the seat before donating money to mechanics fund.

chenka44

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 SV6
I sent my bloke to work 800 k's away in the VE because it's reliable. The car is now running thanks to swapping out the coolant temp sensor. The clockspring also has a fault which will be dealt with late next week so hopefully, that just leaves the "airbag RHS seat air bag" fault as told to me by mechanic. I have read SS seats are unique and cannot be swapped except for similar with airbag. Tomorrow, I plan on disconnecting the battery, waiting for half an hour or so, then checking the connection under the driver's seat.