Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Do country roads slope left???

GRPABT1

Jakstas' Warden
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN shitta
Get a wheel alignment and tell them it's pulling to the left. Cars in are aligned with slightly more/less camber/castor on one side to counter the lean of the road which will naturally pull the car to one side.

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Get a wheel alignment and tell them it's pulling to the left. Cars in are aligned with slightly more/less camber/castor on one side to counter the lean of the road which will naturally pull the car to one side.

^^^This, suspension type matters not its all in the alignment. The car will pull to the side that has more rubber on the road so you generally have slightly more neg camber on the left to counteract the pull of the road camber, while still being within spec.

MikeCuzzy

Jumping puddles
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Omega 3.6L
Depends where you are, but short answer, yes. The road slopes away from the centre to allow water to run off the road, same as off camber corners - stops water building up in rain. We have one corner with the right camber, biggest puddle ever forms everytime it rains.

If you car is pulling too much in your opinion, get an alignment done.

Reaction score
Members Ride
Audi A4 Quattro B8
If you car is pulling too much in your opinion, get an alignment done.
I got a camber bit installed by Mercedes (maybe you missed that post :)). Drives fine now. Only pulls left when the road is actually sloping. Much better ride and worth the $360.

Jebadayah

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
My C Class Merc wasn't much fun to drive in the country, hence my starting this thread. It's got the AMG kit which includes sports suspension (not an actual AMG, that would be nice). It was pulling quite hard on some roads. There were a few non-highway country roads that had good asphalt and some nice corners... which I enjoyed ;-).

My Mercedes is most definitely a city/freeway car. I can imaging it would go well on the German autobahn.

I hardly ever go out of the metro area anyways, was on a rare overnight trip in the country to a town called New Norcia. I can post pics if anyone's interested :)

Thanks for confirming my suspicion regarding country roads all!

/posted via mobile device\

Used to love the New Norcia run on a Sunday for breakfast on my bike back when I had such toys, really nice piece of road :)

MikeCuzzy

Jumping puddles
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Omega 3.6L
I got a camber bit installed by Mercedes (maybe you missed that post :)). Drives fine now. Only pulls left when the road is actually sloping. Much better ride and worth the $360.

Ahh, I did miss that post lol, oh well glad you fixed it.