Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

DO VE/ VY SS seats in a VY Acclaim need a certificate?

Cruz_Bre

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY Acclaim
How can the car have been provided with a roadworthy is the previous owner said

If an airbag isn’t plugged in that’s a fault condition and there should be a warning lamp on the dash. In such cases the should never have pass a road worthy…

If that’s indeed the case, I’d be going back to the place that provided the roadworthy and getting them to fix the defect at their cost else I’d be going to the registration authority to challenge their license to dish out roadworthies…

As for seats, get the existing one reupholstered is the best option and saves problems with engineering and insurance companies…

PS: not sure but I thought torn seat bolsters were also a road worthy failure so I’d be checking that as well.
how do i know were it got RWC i just brough and they never told me?

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
how do i know were it got RWC i just brough and they never told me?
You would have had to receive the RWC which should state the business that did it, the date they did it and the length of time it’s valid.

Last edited:

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Have you ever actually done that and got anywhere? Ive dogged a few mobs in a couple of times and got no where nothing ever happened.
When you do that remember you cant drive the car until the rwc defeats are fixed which you will be paying for them to be fixed the offending mechanic will probably be bankrupt and not have a rwc licence so they will never repay you
With the old cars I’ve bought privately (in my younger days) I usually preferred buying them without RWC (cause they were a little cheaper) and I’d always check them thoroughly myself regardless of any RWC the owner may have… But back then cars had less to no electronics so things were more basic than todays 5 star rated 4 wheeled computers :p

So to answer your question in a round about way, I never had any issues with having bought a car with an owner supplied RWC that also has roadworthy issues. So I’ve never had to sort out such problems.

But had I been in such a situation I’d have taken action just on principle and most definitely discussed it with the RWC provider. Regardless of the outcome the car would have needed to be fixed in any case, so either I would fixed it (at my cost), the RWC provider would fixed it (at their cost) or in an if he didn’t fix it I’d have lodged a formal complaint and in an ideal world he’d loose his RWC issuing license (and so wouldn’t be able to do his mates favours and screw over other used car buyers).