Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

do ve's have the accelerater lag like vz's?

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
Although this is a different subject just took the car for a drive post a bit of rain. The LSD is a tad more difficult to deal with in the wet tha the single spinner. The ESP not working as it should 'cos speedo is out due to diff change. Doesn't realise wheels are spinning until there spinning real quick. The car wanted to be facing the opposite direction quick smart...gotta say my poorly powered V6 just scared the crap out of me :)

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VT BERLINA/ 98 VS SIII MALOO (RED) LX SLR5000
id smash her no question bout that, sluts are good, the world needs them.
alloytecs are not slow, they do theyre job, but by no means would u ever have to "hang on". but its all about perception, as we all no even if ur driving a v8, its fast at 1st but then u get used to it and put a blower on then u get used to that and so on. so some of these v6 guys may have upgraded from a vk commodore or something.
so im thinking that the lag may be less noticeable with a manual as apposed to waiting for the auto to kick back, i actually havnt tried manually throwing it back a few cogs, it is the missus's after all and i dont want to fark it. besides my point is that u shouldnt have to do any manual changing, i never had to in say a vn or vs, just sayin.

lol>>>(alloytecs are not slow, they do theyre job, but by no means would u ever have to "hang on". ) and dont forget to tell em thay blow up when you drive like a peanut at 190kmh

mattyr82

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 colorado diesel 4wd automatic. 2010 mazda 3
lol>>>(alloytecs are not slow, they do theyre job, but by no means would u ever have to "hang on". ) and dont forget to tell em thay blow up when you drive like a peanut at 190kmh

read again PEANUT, the vs blew up! quit stalking u phaggot

Thesickness86

Thesickness86
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 Ve ute
This thread really got outta hand. Some funny shite

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Both have electronic throttle. So have similar issues.

Also, Alloytec is gutless and in the heavier VE, is even worse.

Both my SSV's did it (Auto) but my E3 has awesome throttle response and is manual. Not sure if its the motor or the transmission or both.

Reaper

-vkhg

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ SS
havent read back but my ss manual has slight lag .. ya get used to it tho and allow for it without even thinking after not long..