Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Do you eat the skin?

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
Best skin to eat is potato - baked in the oven until nice and crisp then smothered in butter (real butter).

I peel all other veggies, don't eat Kiwi fruit.

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Best skin to eat is potato - baked in the oven until nice and crisp then smothered in butter (real butter).

I peel all other veggies, don't eat Kiwi fruit.
Lately I've been looking into roast potato hints and tricks.
Par-boil in hot water (normally boil from cold, but not for this) so the surface starts to break down, drain and shake to rough up the surface (increases surface area for crispyness). And then roast the usual way.

I still need to practice it a few more times. Less boiling, I think I over did it last time (or shook it too roughly)

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
Lately I've been looking into roast potato hints and tricks.
Par-boil in hot water (normally boil from cold, but not for this) so the surface starts to break down, drain and shake to rough up the surface (increases surface area for crispyness). And then roast the usual way.

I still need to practice it a few more times. Less boiling, I think I over did it last time (or shook it too roughly)
Roasting them in duck fat makes them crispy.

MrBags

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z SERIES
I love kiwi fruit but it doesn't love me .
Twice after eating it I ended up in hospital with massive stomach pain. I couldn't even stand up , doubled over never felt pain like it.
I knew fruit was bad. I bloody knew it!

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
I love kiwi fruit but it doesn't love me .
Twice after eating it I ended up in hospital with massive stomach pain. I couldn't even stand up , doubled over never felt pain like it.
its funny, kiwi is something that is offered to people with IBS to help with stomach pains.

Unless of course you are reactive to kiwi, then it does the opposite of help! - sounds like you are in the allergic/reactive group.