Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Do you race a car

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
I kind of meant a race car that’s only for the track with safety gear and roll cage.
A rally car can be driven on the road but still has a roll cage..

Most vehicles will be trailered to a track where you need a fire suite and helmet and be the actual driver with a cams license.

And the word here is YOU not your best mates wifes uncle twin brother

my car will be trailered to every track bar the one 2ks from my house. i will need a cams licence, helmet, but not a firesuit for most hillclimb tracks(as far as i know). no, car wont have a cage, as that will stop me being able to drive it on the road any time i want.

next time, specify in your FIRST post what you want, rather than sooking when people give you dont want.

Smitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF SV340 R8 Tourer, VK race car, ZX12R
race car..? hell yeah :yeah:

it does hillclimbs..like Haunted Hills
DSC00796.jpg

long distance stuff...like the 6hr at Phillip Is

60.jpg

and club sprints
Sandown13July08022a.jpg

like Sandown...or Winton :w00t:

WIMG_0076.jpg

and all done in my backyard...
brakes to suspension to engine....

DSC00212.jpg

oh...and this lil black duck has the requisite CAMS licence
and is a member of the Holden Car Club!

cheers
Smitty

Last edited:

Grunthos

Rallying V8's is great!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VB 308 Rallycar
Yep... been rallying my 5 Lt VB for about 5 years now. Yes... have the CAMS licence and all that stuff. Car is solidly caged, with mini spooled Ford 9 inch. I also am a codriver in the South Australian Rally Championships in a potent Mitsi VR4 with all the goodies. Rally cars are still race cars... mine has a completely adjustable front end, and Holley 650 etc... I trailer it to most events as with all rally cars, there is fair chance it won't be able to be driven home. I have some more info about the car in the "My Ride" section, with a pic or two.

FusionX

Reaction score
IMost vehicles will be trailered to a track where you need a fire suite and helmet and be the actual driver with a cams license.

The fun of having B-rego here in W.A, it allows cars used for road rallying (like Targa events) to be registered. All my cars have been, it allows movement from home to events or workshop. But the car has to be CAMS logbooked.

Building a VH up at the moment. Hopefully be ready for Targa West next year.

VT-565

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
Interesting. No drag racers have posted yet.
I'm building my VT up for Super Sedan and Super Gas classes.
2800 pounds and 1000hp should be good for 8's

bpottz

Whipped By SAPOL
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina
i race 100cc sprint karts all around SA and western VIC, does that count?

bpottz

Whipped By SAPOL
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina
race car..? hell yeah :yeah:

long distance stuff...like the 6hr at Phillip Is

60.jpg

cheers
Smitty

i think i just made a mess in my pants, phillip island is THE track IMO, well there and of course bathurst. would love to race at the isle one day

cpbait

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss commodore 5.7ltr
haven't raced, but have helped out in the pits in improved production raceing (was on a volvo, ex workmates car), mate and i are thinking of building a vk race car, next year sometime, when he gets back from overseas and get our cars paid out to start fresh, were going to do it a couple of years ago with a vk, had the car but didn't have the funds to get it up and running, damn apprentice wages.

how much roughly does it cost to get a car like an old commodore vk-vs 5ltr up to scratch to race in like improved production or any other good classes that would suit, i.e, round by round, wheels, tyres and number of sets, fuel for each round, etc.

lone wolf racing

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt 5Lt
Yep sure do on the dirt

Man the only place to race is on a track, I am heavily into Dirt circuit and if you need to know what it’s all about follow the string DIRT CIRCUIT OF SA (Powered by Invision Power Board) and have a look at, about your car, section, Lone Wolf Racing. Ill see if I am smart enough and do a post with some pics.

Rob Flounders :whistling