Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Doc fuse location

Evil Mad Dog

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF2 SSV Ute
I screwed up and managed to blow the fuse for the DOC located under the glovebox.

It's a vf2 Ute so fuse locations are near battery, drivers side of dash, and under the bonnet.

Tested all the blade fuses and seem okay unless I made a mistake.

My dashcam isn't much use at the moment.

Does anyone know where the fuse got the glovebox doc connector is.

Thanks.

IAMReDeemeR

Reaction score
Website
fb.me
Members Ride
MY15 VF Calais V Sportwagon S1 V6 Auto
Hey Evil Mad Dog,

Did you end up identifying and locating the 2x fuses for the ‘DOC’ connector (behind the glove box)?

I’ve managed to find the RAP ACC 10Amp Fuse in the rear passenger side of my S1 Calais V Sportwagon, but as of yet haven’t been able to work out the fuse for the BATT+.

I accidentally shorted both and since replacing the 10Amp Fuse my RAP ACC is working fine again, however, my BATT+ still has no power so that’s why I’m guessing it’s got another separate individual (or shared) fuse somewhere?

Hoping you or someone else can assist..?

Cheers,
IAMReDeemeR

Gridlocked

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VFII SV6 Commodore
I work in a place rife with acronyms but what is the DOC connector?

IAMReDeemeR

Reaction score
Website
fb.me
Members Ride
I work in a place rife with acronyms but what is the DOC connector?

========================
UPDATE: my “Auto-Remote Start” is now functioning again without doing anything further, just thought I’d try it again this afternoon and varoom she barked into life... Hmm...

Well, I’ve still got to find this damn elusive BATT+ Fuse... In the ‘dash’ behind centre console maybe (will take a look and get back on that)..?
========================

Hey Gridlocked,

The “DOC” connector is the “Dealer Optional Connector” and, in the VF’s at least, is located behind the glovebox.

I, like a lot of others, have used it for my DASH Camera (BlackVue DR750S-1CH) due to this connector having the following:

1x Constant Earth

1x Constant Power (Battery +)
—> 15Amp(?) Fuse located ???

1x RAP or Accessory Power
—> 10Amp Fuse located in Rear (Sedan & Wagon) above Battery; RAP ACC

When I was adding an additional item (LED lighting) in my Cabin I was linking into this connector (I’d already used for my DASH Cam) and accidentally (stupidly) shorted the wires blowing the fuses.

As I said in my previous post, I’ve found and replaced the 10Amp RAP ACC fuse so that’s working good again, however, the Battery + Constant Power still isn’t?

This means my DASH Cam no longer remains powered after turning off and locking the vehicle.

I’ve since noticed that my “Auto-Remote Start” is also no longer functioning since this incident yet my “Push-Button Start” works fine?

I even hear like a little click and my indicators flash (like normal) and then nothing the engine doesn’t start?

So I’m now thinking that’s related to same fuse perhaps and really hoping someone can help.

I’ve gone through and tested “EVERY”, and I mean “EVERY”, fuse I could find in the rear of my wagon above Battery on the passenger side just back from the taillight, and, in the front under the bonnet on drivers side just back from the headlight.

Argh, why couldn’t they just put the fuses, for the wires that are literally side-by-side in the very “SAME” plug (DOC), together for foxsake..?!

Back I go now looking more... HELP! ;)

Last edited:

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
Have you tried the fuse panel on the right hand side of the dash panel (pointing to it below)?

IMG_9809.JPG

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
These might also help

IMG_1076.PNG
IMG_1077.PNG

IAMReDeemeR

Reaction score
Website
fb.me
Members Ride
You sir are a legend... thank you!

Now I've just got to put my dash back together again... Lol... Oh well, at least of learned where a lot more other things are/go during this fuse hunt... ;)

Cheers for the instruction pics too...

Evil Mad Dog

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF2 SSV Ute
Hey Evil Mad Dog,

Did you end up identifying and locating the 2x fuses for the ‘DOC’ connector (behind the glove box)?

I’ve managed to find the RAP ACC 10Amp Fuse in the rear passenger side of my S1 Calais V Sportwagon, but as of yet haven’t been able to work out the fuse for the BATT+.

I accidentally shorted both and since replacing the 10Amp Fuse my RAP ACC is working fine again, however, my BATT+ still has no power so that’s why I’m guessing it’s got another separate individual (or shared) fuse somewhere?

Hoping you or someone else can assist..?

Cheers,
IAMReDeemeR

Yeah figured it out. Posted in the other main thread.

https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/vf-commodore-doc-connector.227006/

Well that ecm batt fuse is Def okay so must be something else. Double checked fuses behind the seat, all good.

Checked the right side dash fuses and.... Success. Finally found the Lil bugger. So much frustration.

Fuse 29. Batt Accy 15 amp.
Car is a 2015 Holden Vf2 Ssv Ute incase there are differences.

View attachment 197128
View attachment 197129

Hopefully that helps someone else too.

Last edited: