Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Does anybody understand this GM Patch Loom ?

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
Hi all,

I've had this Genuine Holden Patch Loom for quite some time now but can't for the life of me understand why this would be needed.

It's a VS Audio reduction patch loom that will adapt a Calais Audio plug back to a Standard Executive type Eurovox Radio Cassette with Electric Aerial switches that are normally mounted in the console radio fascia.

Which model would've required this patch loom.

The only thing I can think of is a HSV Maloo with all level 3 stuff in it but using a standard radio as the 10 Disc Stacker could never be fitted into the ute models.

Check out the photos below,

IMG_3146.JPG

IMG_3148.JPG

IMG_3149.JPG

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
Does anyone have a clue ??

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Blue plug is the electric aerial, Blue wire down, white up, black and white earth, brown and white Illumination, Black earth.

Black plug another aerial, one is for semi and one is for fully automatic, I think the black one is fully auto as it only has the white wire not the blue..

The other 2 white plugs well u know they are the main patch loom..

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gee there's an echo around here !

Read my first post Trev and it clearly states that those two plugs are for the individual antenna / aerial up and down switches that mount in the console fascia.

All we want to know is what vehicle would have a top level loom in it and require a patch loom to downgrade to a standard type audio system ?

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
You answered your own Question, if you don't need it bin it no one will ever use it these days.

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
No Trevor, you've got that wrong, I know what it does which I've clearly stated, but to which vehicle would this have ever come out of is my question ?

And special stuff like this you never "bin" as you so nicely put it.

These are the unique types of bits that are sought after many years later. You obviously have never been involved in vehicle restoration and have been looking for hard to find parts.

Buddy if you never have then you just haven't lived.

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
UE4023 was the HSV unit, UE4032 was the Middle class unit, both were fitted with the up and down semi automatic on the front panel under the display, UE4026 was the basic model no electric aerial, So I say its for the first 2 units to upgrade to the fully automatic option.

Last edited:

woteva

NEED 4 SPEED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 Sportwagon - VR2 V6 ecotec Wag - VS2 V6 Wag
I have a VS electric aerial patch loom somewhere in.my pile of car junk. It does not have the provision for aerial up/down buttons, aerial goes up when the acc is on and down when it is turned off.
Will dig it out for a picture if anyone want to see it.

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hi Wot !

I know the exact one you mean as I have that same unit fitted into my Exec wagon that was originally built as a Government Poverty Pack but as I was consistently rebuilding aerials and sending them all over Australia I felt I should put an electric unit into the car I own.

Must admit I could do with another one if you are willing to part with it so that it can go into my lads car which was the one with the Lifter issue that we did a thread on a little while ago, which incidentally still has that seized lifter soaking in thinners on the bench.
Cheers,
VSL

For Trevor,
Why would they use this patch loom on the first 2 units you quoted as they already had the aerial switches on the radio itself, but the basic unit that didn't have the switches and was installed into a vehicle that had the High level Dash loom would require a change from the high level radio plug to the lower level plug and then utilising external aerial switches to be installed.

Now that makes sense to me.

Last edited:

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Why would they use this patch loom on the first 2 units you quoted as they already had the aerial switches on the radio itself
Well how is it going to work? Does it use Bluetooth to send the signal to the mask?