Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT body loom help

AlwaysNeedHelp

Reaction score
Members Ride
Manual VT 304, Auto VT Olympic,
Hey guys trying to do a electric window conversion on my 98 vt 5l executive and now stuck, I got a vt v6 body loom all is the same besides 2 plugs which hang by the fuel tank which could be abs trac control?? And another plug is the airbag sensor, the v6 has a long skinny plug coming from the body loom under the center console while my v8 airbag sensor is a small fat plug that comes from under the dash?? Not from the body loom I’m a little bit stumped I’m aware my v8 has 1 airbag off memory and the v6 may have more ?? would this be the cause

Is there a difference in looms between vt series 1 and 2 or v6 and v8
Can I use a vx loom??
cheers

Forcedvp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT HSV XU8, FORD TERRORIST
Loom from a manual too or from an Auto? Also from an executive?

RiffRaffMama

Reaction score
Members Ride
Twin VX II Berlinas - "Vanessa" and "Geraldine"
I don’t know why, but there are two or three different airbag plugs. From memory, the difference is between Execs and Berlina/Calais. Do you know what flavour Commodore your new loom came from?
And yes, you’re right about the number of airbags… well, sort of… it’s not that there’s more airbags in a V6, it’s that there’s more airbags in Berlina and Calais models, which has me pretty confident your V6 loom is out of a more luxe model than an Exec.
Is there any particular reason you’re trying to use the wrong loom? Is it that you like a challenge, or someone had one they didn’t need so you thought it’d do?
There’s very little chance you will get your airbags hooked up with the wrong plug and then you’ll have to join the bipbipbip bipbipbip bipbipbip army. It’s not all bad - let me know if you decide to roll the dice on driving a 25 year old death machine without working airbags around and I’ll send you a couple of stickers for free (they look like the pic below my username on the left of screen).
My advice? Use your old loom and tap the window power off something else on the loom. At least then you know everything else will still work.