Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Does Holden do special spec orders?

Calais-V

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS, VE Calais-V Series II
If I were in your position I would definitely look at either a 135i or a 335i coupe, both them cars are amazing performance wise and looks wise. As much as holden would like to compete they just can't against these cars in my opinion

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Hi all, first post here.

I've been looking for a quickish RWD car around $65k - been thinking BMW 135, e46 M3 etc etc as i've only ever owned euros. I was in a mates VF Calais V the other day and ever since the thought of a brand new V8 is much more appealing than a used BMW.

The only issue is that i just dont like the autos Holden uses, i dont mind DCTs, but regular torque converters dont cut it when i've only ever owned manuals.

Long story cut short, i want a Calais V V8, with the light titanium leather BUT with the 6 speed manual - what are the chances of getting one ordered? I'd go an SSV but not really feeling it looks wise.

I know most euro marques will do out of range orders for manual transmissions if you find the right dealer, but those cars are actually available in manual in the particular specs overseas - where as a 6MT calais doesn't exist. I haven't been bothered to ask around dealers yet, but can anyone point me in the right direction to a dealer or something?

Highly highly unlikely they'd do a manual one for you unless you wanted to order 50 or more. The closest you will get is a manual Senator (HSV equal). You'll be spending well over $65k but at least it's a row boat.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
I'm sure with cheque book in hand , and a note from bank , they'll possibly talk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
I'm sure with cheque book in hand , and a note from bank , they'll possibly talk

Like I said - the cheque would need to be massive for a lot of cars. They are *not* going to make you a 1 off car. Those days are loooooooooooooong gone.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
Like I said - the cheque would need to be massive for a lot of cars. They are *not* going to make you a 1 off car. Those days are loooooooooooooong gone.

well I was just trying to bring a glimmer of hope , albeit a dim one to the OP

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
well I was just trying to bring a glimmer of hope , albeit a dim one to the OP

Why do that when that hope is just not realistically there in any shape or form?

timandhayley

Reaction score
Members Ride
Astra RS-V Hatch
Not ever going to happen. Holden does not do one off cars or even a batch of them anymore. A dealer can only order as per the published ordering guides and there are no model codes for manual Calais, etc. Your only option is a manual SSV or Redline.

VR38

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E
Can't you just buy an optioned up SS?

Towcar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina Wagon
Can't you just buy an optioned up SS?

Opened up the thread to post just that, but to say can you modify the interior of an SS to make is closer to a Calais.