Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Does series 2 bimodal exhaust drone if open permanently?

Mike__

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf2ssv
At least that proves it also closes at lower revs/slow acceleration in an auto as well as a manual. I think most people when testing aren't accelerating slowly enough that the valve closes. Glad you're happy.

Removing the fuse does nothing on mine.
As per a few posts back I sat behind the car - cruising / v light acceleration and the valve remains open

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
At first I thought she'll be right but whenever I slow down from 40 km/h to zero I can hear a squeaky noise coming from the front bottom of the car.
I'd organise a couple of quotes from local mechanics that aren't Holden, ask for a written report detailing cause and fix for your annoying, squeaky front bottom.

Northern

Reaction score
Members Ride
Deciding
I also have the fuse removed, why is it better to remove the relay?

Adza75

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline
I also have the fuse removed, why is it better to remove the relay?

From what I understand, you remove the fuse and you remove the power to the system. You remove the relay and it's just the power to the actuators that's not getting through... the system is still working as such.

Of course if you don't get an error message removing the fuse either then it's probably not an issue.

Adza75

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline
Photo? Or is it just in the fuse box area? Wish I had a workshop manual
Relay is in the rear boot, passenger side compartment near the battery... look at the diagram it says something like EXH or similar.

Northern

Reaction score
Members Ride
Deciding
From what I understand, you remove the fuse and you remove the power to the system. You remove the relay and it's just the power to the actuators that's not getting through... the system is still working as such.

Of course if you don't get an error message removing the fuse either then it's probably not an issue.
Cheers