Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Does the VX have a climate control specific built-in fault finding system like the VR-VS does? / Why are my vents not working?

RiffRaffMama

Reaction score
Members Ride
Twin VX II Berlinas - "Vanessa" and "Geraldine"
I've just discovered the VR-VS has a really nifty climate control fault finding system (see attached PDF). Does the VX have something like that? Or only that generalised fault code thing with the Mode+up/down button procedure? The VR-VS one walks through a check of every function of the climate control like each individual temperature sensor and solenoid, where I think the VX system just says "Quick, count the flashes... code 23? Oh that's your climate control. Yes, that's all the clues you get. Have fun." Because it'd be super awesome if it just told me specifically why air is only coming out the windscreen vents all of a sudden. And no, it's not that thing where the windscreen vent flap thing gets stuck - I've had that before in a different car and it has a very specific sound that I'm not experiencing.

Attachments

• VR-VS Climate Control Tests-1.pdf
    642.2 KB · Views: 97

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
I've just discovered the VR-VS has a really nifty climate control fault finding system (see attached PDF). Does the VX have something like that? Or only that generalised fault code thing with the Mode+up/down button procedure? The VR-VS one walks through a check of every function of the climate control like each individual temperature sensor and solenoid, where I think the VX system just says "Quick, count the flashes... code 23? Oh that's your climate control. Yes, that's all the clues you get. Have fun." Because it'd be super awesome if it just told me specifically why air is only coming out the windscreen vents all of a sudden. And no, it's not that thing where the windscreen vent flap thing gets stuck - I've had that before in a different car and it has a very specific sound that I'm not experiencing.
Have you tested the one valve & hoses that comes of the back of the inlet manifold?

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
check vt calais
i cant attach the link

RiffRaffMama

Reaction score
Members Ride
Have you tested the one valve & hoses that comes of the back of the inlet manifold?
Nope. Don't know where to start. There was a little hose that had blown off its outlet, but I'm pretty sure that was related to my gas system. Whatever it was, reconnecting it did nothing for my vents.

RiffRaffMama

Reaction score
Members Ride

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
Nope. Don't know where to start. There was a little hose that had blown off its outlet, but I'm pretty sure that was related to my gas system. Whatever it was, reconnecting it did nothing for my vents.
There is 3 hoses together, one for the vacuum hose for the brakes, another for the hvac, forget what the other is called?
Have another look.

If that hose comes of, it will default to the screen.

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
Check the Vac solenoids,
And the circuit board they are fixed to,
My VY climate control would not work on the dash vents,
Found a negative track had corroded, due to a water leak in through the HVAC air intake.
Soldered a surface mounted wire from point to point,
All fixed.

RiffRaffMama

Reaction score
Members Ride
ah ok. That clickable manual, you mean?

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
I think you need to have a Tech2 (or equivalent) to display ECC problem codes. I have personally only ever used a (compatible) Tech2 for this purpose. You can use the VT/VZ manual to find out how to resolve the problems identified by the codes, but you need to be able to display the codes in the first place.