Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Done myself a mischief

Brayden3223

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 Holden VZ Lumina
So I noticed a knocking in the rear of my car, decided to have a look and found the spring sitting like this, can just about say I snapped my bumpstop off, is that just a straight up write off or can I get a place to legally weld it back on, too scared to move the thing especially in case it shoots out and hits someone

Attachments

• D0B3E999-0D75-4816-9CA5-DFC379FCB81C.jpeg
    D0B3E999-0D75-4816-9CA5-DFC379FCB81C.jpeg
    98.8 KB · Views: 156

trel

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VXII Equipe Wagon
Holy moly! How did you manage that ? Can be repaired but cost will outweigh value if you ask me. Shop around for a few cash jobs might get it done.

Brayden3223

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 Holden VZ Lumina
Holy moly! How did you manage that ? Can be repaired but cost will outweigh value if you ask me. Shop around for a few cash jobs might get it done.
I have quite literally no idea to be honest, yeah at this point I’m thinking of scrapping the car

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Take the spring out and see if it's actually broken, there is a rubber cover that goes over the spring locator, the cover could have just moved out of place.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Jack the back of the car up and see what's loose. Once it's jacked up there's going to be little to no pressure on the spring so should become apparent if the spring has snapped or somehow wrapped itself around itself. Either way you're up for a new set of springs. It's captive enough in there with the bottom third that it's not going to fire off somewhere.

Fachoo

Reaction score
Members Ride
calais 2
♫•*¨*•♫•*¨*•♫ oh where oh where did the king spring go ♫•*¨*•♫•*¨*•♫ oh where did part of the king spring go ♫•*¨*•♫•*¨*•♫

Brayden3223

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 Holden VZ Lumina
Take the spring out and see if it's actually broken, there is a rubber cover that goes over the spring locator, the cover could have just moved out of place.
yeah I already jacked it up, you can physically see inside where the bumpstop would normally be sitting and how the whole thing has shifted across, when I jacked it up it freely slid across the top with nothing to hold the spring in place, springs are roughly 3 months old, never the less the spring is still done for along with that bump stop