Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Done OIL change and now car has zero power and rattles on drivers side when pushing the pedal OMG !!!

Stelya

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Commodore Omega gone SS
Hi guys
My 2007 Holden Omega VE problems seem to accumulate over time and here is the new one:

My mechanic changed the engine oil but unfortunately couldnt open oil filter assembly so couldnt change the oil filter... He treated it with ENGINE CLEAN product and then put new oil in. Engine idles kind of louder but not noticable too much.
What the problem is ,,,NOW engine has NO power ...its like driving a friggin diesel truck literally .... Confused with what the hell was happening I pushed it a bit harder on the road and it was LOUD as hell...and vibrating the seat like when one time before muffler broke off...

So I parked the car and started pushing throttle to hear how it sounds and to mu surprise i heard rattling sound( sounds like what those AMGs produce when they accelerate then take foot off the pedal...like farting sound) ...and that sound was coming from below drivers seat. It wasnt too cold also but when accelerating in park i saw white smoke coming from the exaust as well as some water dripping but only on left side exaust. Also there was kind of a smell (not burning smell but a smell, dont know how to describe it,,,not too strong but something was being heated up probably and producing it.)

Imagine how pissed off I am after spending $1200 on service (done wipers and errors reset etc) to get this piece of crap which I honestly dont feel is safe to drive. Mechanic is conviniently on holiday ATM and I cant wait 2 weeks to get my car checked out again nor can I afford it.

Any thoughts? What should I try to do or replace on my own? (Oil filter screw needs some techique in order to get it off...couldnt do in with long bar)

THANKS!

bluehighway

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais International
See what he says at 3.40...I cant figure why many manufacturers have moved away from spin on filters ? Sounds to me like your casing is stuck hard ,hopefully its not cross threaded... As for the loss of power Im wondering if its a fuel pump issue? Fingers crossed its not because that is a big job.. If you do get the filter casing off ..it doesnt go back on that tight torque is 25Nm or about 18 ft lb which is not much at all.

Last edited:

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
Hi guys
My 2007 Holden Omega VE problems seem to accumulate over time and here is the new one:

My mechanic changed the engine oil but unfortunately couldnt open oil filter assembly so couldnt change the oil filter... He treated it with ENGINE CLEAN product and then put new oil in. Engine idles kind of louder but not noticable too much.
What the problem is ,,,NOW engine has NO power ...its like driving a friggin diesel truck literally .... Confused with what the hell was happening I pushed it a bit harder on the road and it was LOUD as hell...and vibrating the seat like when one time before muffler broke off...

So I parked the car and started pushing throttle to hear how it sounds and to mu surprise i heard rattling sound( sounds like what those AMGs produce when they accelerate then take foot off the pedal...like farting sound) ...and that sound was coming from below drivers seat. It wasnt too cold also but when accelerating in park i saw white smoke coming from the exaust as well as some water dripping but only on left side exaust. Also there was kind of a smell (not burning smell but a smell, dont know how to describe it,,,not too strong but something was being heated up probably and producing it.)

Imagine how pissed off I am after spending $1200 on service (done wipers and errors reset etc) to get this piece of crap which I honestly dont feel is safe to drive. Mechanic is conviniently on holiday ATM and I cant wait 2 weeks to get my car checked out again nor can I afford it.

Any thoughts? What should I try to do or replace on my own? (Oil filter screw needs some techique in order to get it off...couldnt do in with long bar)

THANKS!
Go to another mechanic.

Stelya

Reaction score
Members Ride
@bluehighway and others...thanks
Well...its a meter long bar...maybe less... anyway could it be that oil filter is causing those issues?

Car was running fine WITHOUT ANY of those issues described...and the mechanic is good one...does everything by the book or he wont do it at all.
I dont know what he could have fucked up in a simple motor oil change/ windshield wiper motor change job?

Anyway still looking for a culprit. Basic Google search pointed me in direction of cracked PISTON ??!! (loss of power, rattle, sweet smell, white smoke ) but how in hel could that have happened after an oil change (if thats the issue at all)

I forgot to mention it is a dual fuel LPG/petrol car so I will try it tomorrow on LPG alone. Will that eliminate fuel pump out of the equation? So if everythiing is fine then the fuel pump is the problem...somehow I doubt thats the case as it was working fine

I also ran into this thread
https://forums.justcommodores.com.a...eaning-oil-pickup-on-ve-sv6-questions.296092/
second post says if using ENGINE FLUSH after engine oil hasnt been changed in years it may cause more problems than benefits. Im reading through it now...Im bit scared to finish reading as while I was overseas for 2 years I lent the car to my friend who did more than 100.000km and didnt change oil or did any service...so that may be the issue but still car is driving as it has 80 horsepower compared to 220 it should have...literally

Last edited:

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L
As said, that filter needs changing.
Do you know when it was last changed?
With the correct ring spanner it quite simply has to come undone.
I hope your man is trying it both hot and cold engine.
FWIW when putting it back on they must not be pulled down hard, just stop as it nips up is fine.
Good luck.

Stelya

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks Gossie...what do ya mean by trying it on hot and cold engine? Trying to undo the bolt when casing is hot and cold ...is that what you mean? That actually makes sense... I will give it a try myself...then we'll see if other issues are still present. Thanks man

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
Thanks Gossie...what do ya mean by trying it on hot and cold engine? Trying to undo the bolt when casing is hot and cold ...is that what you mean? That actually makes sense... I will give it a try myself...then we'll see if other issues are still present. Thanks man
I think he means hot. Metal expands when hot.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
They are known to get stuck. Might be a matter of trying it hot and cold and temp fate. If it breaks well that sucks but it is what it is unfortunately.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
1662976328230.png