Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Done OIL change and now car has zero power and rattles on drivers side when pushing the pedal OMG !!!

Stelya

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Commodore Omega gone SS
Farts the same on LPG and on petrol . Its a dual fuel car mate.

Update:
Whoever points me in right direction and his suggestion gives positive results will receive $250 from me. If more people it will be shared as Im not Jeff Bezos nor his son ( somehow I doubt he would give his son any money being a dik he is). That mucch I managed to get out of "friend"I gave my car to so far. Id rather give it to one of you guys and learn something in this ordeal than gamble on a new mechanic who could do nothing or make thing worse and still take my money like last mechanic did.

Last edited:

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
Yeah, had an 86 XF Falcon on dual fuel. The missus would only drive it on gas and when we came to use it on petrol it ran like shite. Mechanic told me it’s not good to use it too much on gas because things don’t get lubricated properly on the petrol side of things.
I’m no expert and imagine the technology on your car a little more advanced, but just something to bare in mind.
Your car also sounds like it’s blowing out air where it shouldn’t, so you might want to check out exhaust system and any breather hoses or pipes.
Hopefully the advice being given by those far more knowledgeable than me on this issue will help you out.
Don’t stop doing good things for people and luck will some day be on your side.
Stay Karm....A:)

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON

Update:
Whoever points me in right direction and his suggestion gives positive results will receive $250 from me. If more people it will be shared as Im not Jeff Bezos nor his son ( somehow I doubt he would give his son any money being a dik he is). That mucch I managed to get out of "friend"I gave my car to so far. Id rather give it to one of you guys and learn something in this ordeal than gamble on a new mechanic who could do nothing or make thing worse and still take my money like last mechanic did.
Keep your money in your pocket mate. These guys are happy to help.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Have you changed the oil again yet? It's sounds like with the second oil change it's improved somewhat. Check the filter and if you have run the engine for at least 30mins then it might be time for a new oil and filter. Concentrate on one thing at a time. The missing like Mort said could be clogged lifters.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
The fact that it runs at all is a good sign, believe it or not. Some Alloytecs with this problem actually seize from sludge inside the timing cover.

Stelya

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Commodore Omega gone SS
Well as promised I located two cam-whatevers and got them out and cleaned gauzes with dettol and petrol (all I had that could clean oil)
Unfortunately after an hour of work there is no improvement so things arent getting better unfortunatelly. Also owhile listeninng to engine bay for sounds I noticed engine sounds louder now than before mechanics service,maybe I forgot to say that. Also new filter put in few days ago is full of gunk and looking inside engine when I took cam-whatevers out gave me a heart attack...here are the photoZ before and after:

IMG20220919161018.jpg

IMG20220919162729.jpg
IMG20220919162741.jpg