Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

door lock button - drivers side

barny

wannabegen3
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S V6 5 speed
Anyone successfully removed the door locking button from the drivers side door of a VS??

I have everything else off ... now just need to get the locking button off and my workshop manual describes a snipper tool that has to be fashioned out of wire to be slid down the left hand side to disengage the button.

I am trying to fix the electic window mechanism as the glass falls forward when going up now.

But Im buggered if I can get this bloody button off to remove the trim.

??????????????????

hsvpunk

volunteer firefighter
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss II M6
haha, im doing the exact same thing tmrw morning.

The button (orange clip thingy) should unclip/lift out from bottom to top i think.

Have have bought a window regulator from a wreckers?

ImCrAzY

Ebay is my one stop shop
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR's
I normaly squeeze a small flat blade screwdriver in beside it and flick it off , paying close attention to where the slippery little sucker lands .

hsvpunk

volunteer firefighter
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss II M6
and another thing, make sure u put it on properly when you've finished, as ive heard that if its off by a slight margin, the locking system goes up **** creek.

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
www.wagzhome.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon
Yeah you just need a little something to put at the side of the orange tab to pull it out. But carfull with it cause you will break it if your not. No biggie if you do, they are a dime a dozen at the wreckers.

clubsport_replica

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 vt clubsport replica
use a hobby or jewlers screwdriver flat blade place it against the locking surround push in then towards the middle carefully and it should pop off easily..

hsvpunk

volunteer firefighter
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss II M6
the orange clip thing, will go from left to right or right to left, depending if its been on or off before, i just took mine off. now the fun begins.
the rivets from holden were abt $2.20 each. a weird shaped rivet too.

PSYKO PHOENIX

AHHHH brain fart
Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 VS Commodore v6 ecotec
Anyone successfully removed the door locking button from the drivers side door of a VS??

I have everything else off ... now just need to get the locking button off and my workshop manual describes a snipper tool that has to be fashioned out of wire to be slid down the left hand side to disengage the button.

I am trying to fix the electic window mechanism as the glass falls forward when going up now.

But Im buggered if I can get this bloody button off to remove the trim.

??????????????????

i did this 3 weeks ago, it took a bit of thinkin on my part but the end resault was alot simpler than i thought, get a flat head screwdriver or a knife, just anything thats long, thin and pointy (dont be dirty hahaha) slip it in down one side and pry the lil orange bugger off, it might take a bit of manuvering but when you get it it just pops strate off, nice and easy!!

while your in the door, give the central locking a good squirt of lube (crc) to, it stops it from seazing later on - i was removin my door to put in a new central locking motor

hsvpunk

volunteer firefighter
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss II M6
i just finished mine. was a bit of a prick to do.
When u have the 4 rivets inline, make sure the window is on the rails/tracks.
On the far left hand side of it, make sure you have that part of the window in the vertical track or you will have a few problems when you have already riveted.