Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Door Weather Seals - Yellow Spots

CONROD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS THUNDER 6.0l 6 Sp
U.V degradation,sun does amazing things over time! I polish and wax mine not only on the ute but our other cars also,helps keep them soft and supple also use a paste designed for the Leather seats.Armor-all is good for giving them that new look,but they need something to actually nourish them to keep them new.

MRNICK

LS1 LOVE
Reaction score
Website
www.holdenowners.com
Members Ride
VYII SS UTE
Yeah sure does, i replaced mine with chrome ones a few weeks ago. It slides up, requires abit of effort, but it isn't too hard, will clip out :)

Good luck mate.

Thanks again mate. DIY Sunday here I come!

U.V degradation,sun does amazing things over time! I polish and wax mine not only on the ute but our other cars also,helps keep them soft and supple also use a paste designed for the Leather seats.Armor-all is good for giving them that new look,but they need something to actually nourish them to keep them new.

It's a strange one that's for sure. It's garaged all the time and the previous owner before (first owner) only drove it on Sundays. So a simple wax is all that is needed to keep them ship shape? Do you reckon If I took the current tarnished strips off and polished the christ out of them, they'd restore?!

CONROD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS THUNDER 6.0l 6 Sp
Surely wouldnt hurt before you out-lay dollars on new ones.Be prepared for your polishing cloth to turn a shitty pitch black from all the old **** (tarnish) coming off. The ones on the Thunder, I only ever give them a quick polish (with a liquid polish ) and then give a going over with a wax and the cloth stays clean as,and they look smick. Give it a go mate,if it dont work get new ones,best of luck mate.

thatbrynguy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY Commodore SS 5.7L M6
Hey mate let us know if you have any luck cleaning them up. Mine are the same and it looks pretty average.

mr calais 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s 2003
Mine are the same too.. Tried a few black treatments and nothing works so far.. Just get new items and be done with it. That's my plan

VY03

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY Acclaim
Mine are the same too.. Tried a few black treatments and nothing works so far.. Just get new items and be done with it. That's my plan

I've noticed on mine are starting have same problem as well :( must be really crappy rubber as all the other seals on my car are fine and aren't doing it unlike the door window jam seals. :confused:

HSV 671

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 VY CLUBSPORT MM6
Try "so easy Tyre shine"... It worked for me. Just spray a bit onto a cloth and wipe on, any excess, just wipe off you can see where you've been. I also do the roof turret molds, Window Seals and leaf guard near front window. if that don't work you, you could see what Meguires BACK TO BLACK/ ultimate black does for you.