Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

downsides

Spilly

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim
what are the downside to both pod filter n cold air can anyone let me know asap

355boost

thats not true. Pod filter is only illegal when it is exposed fully if there is an effort to cover the filter by about 80% this will make it legal. my car is supercharged so the filter hangs behind the front bar covered on 1 side by custom air box to protect from water, can't put cold air induction down there(no room). however the power gains are very debateable. If your not supercharging and you have to use one, i would be going cold air induction all the way by people like SS inductions full on kits for nearly every commo with dyno proven results.

vkberlina

VK Madman
Reaction score
Website
www.members.westnet.com.au
Members Ride
VK EFI 5L, VK 134 Pack, LX8 Adventra, MF35 & MF50b
Sorry I missed the appart about it not being boxed in, apparently its due to backfires up the intake causing engine bay fires.

I had factory CAI on my of EFI 202 and ESP in summer there was a marked difference in performance.

Shivaga

Reaction score
Website
www.bhss.com.au
Members Ride
'05 VZ Lumina 3.6V6
Illegal?

One of my mates has an ex-cop VR and he put a pod filter in it a few months ago. It is just connected to the intake hose and is held ther by a handmade bracket. There's no cover on it but we do live in QLD, could be laws be different between the states?