Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Drag race at lights... Lols!

Loaded Dice

.... Lets roll.
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 SSV Redline
Now I have an SSV Redline it seems every tard with a motor and four wheels wants a run, the funny thing is that most of them seem to genuinely think they have a chance of winning if I was to dump it. But when I just cruise along and they get the jump, they give me this look as they go past like 'ha! I just beat the SSV' Of course the sweet bit is when they are stuck in traffic a bit further down the road and I have used a little noggin to predict the traffic flow and just cruise on past them again.

Rufys

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II Calais Sportwagon
Why am I not surprised?

Yeah you really shouldn't be... I drive as smart as I can all the time.

I have used a little noggin to predict the traffic flow and just cruise on past them again.

Yeah - so many people turn into drones in the car and just stop thinking. If you're smart about how you drive, it will be more enjoyable, less stressful and take less time to get where you're going. And all without breaking the law or being a dick.

Dr HaxZaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
R34 GT-T
Yeah - so many people turn into drones in the car and just stop thinking. If you're smart about how you drive, it will be more enjoyable, less stressful and take less time to get where you're going. And all without breaking the law but still being a dick.

fixed it for you... i know what your saying cause i do like to change lanes a lot to take advantage of traffic flow and so forth but to make it work you have to drive like a dick

Rufys

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II Calais Sportwagon
fixed it for you... i know what your saying cause i do like to change lanes a lot to take advantage of traffic flow and so forth but to make it work you have to drive like a dick

No - you really don't... I'll upload a full video of my drive to work next week.

some_guy

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SII Exec.

Delish-VY

Banned
Reaction score
Originally - Eastern Suburbs - Melbourne, Currentl
Members Ride
2003 VY S pack
Sportbike owners know what im talking about when every V8 commo owner wants a race...

I would say sportbike riders are even worse culprits for this than anybody else, They usually come weaving through the stopped cars then launch up the road easily breaking the speed limit and most of the time they have a passenger on the back clinging on for dear life. An acquaintance of mine (not friend cos hes a di**) has a sports bike and did this with his girlfriend on the back and she told him not to race..he launched up the road n scared the sh** out of her.

SloNLow

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Exec
I would say sportbike riders are even worse culprits for this than anybody else, They usually come weaving through the stopped cars then launch up the road easily breaking the speed limit and most of the time they have a passenger on the back clinging on for dear life. An acquaintance of mine (not friend cos hes a di**) has a sports bike and did this with his girlfriend on the back and she told him not to race..he launched up the road n scared the sh** out of her.

If I could weave my car through stopped traffic, I would.

Im quite happy to let them through, that might be because i've been around sportbikes most of my life I don't know.

Delish-VY

Banned
Reaction score
Originally - Eastern Suburbs - Melbourne, Currentl
Members Ride
2003 VY S pack
I have nothing against bikes, or people who ride them correctly without putting them and others at risk, but I can't stand people that don't take the right precautions. I have seriously considered getting a bike since I"ve moved up to cairns, but every rider around here I see is only wearing shorts, singlet and thongs, as hot as it is....I cannot understand this, you will be shredded to pieces if you fall off.