Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

*drag racing virgin!! - tips & advice please*

666vt

[ no style ]
Reaction score
Members Ride
vt executive 3.8
I'm confused, the max speed you have ever reached in your VN is 160 but this is the first time you have drag raced. Where did you get the VN up to 160, circuit?

people speed on roads...

VT SERIES II

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive
obviously with the amount of questions you have your not ready yet...
Theres no rush- do heaps of practise until you feel comfortable with what your doing(especially since you have only driven the car your going to be using a few times)

- its much less embarrasing f*king up infront of noone than it is f*king up in front of everyone....(of course for the spectators its rather amusing)

Also theres no way I would drag anyones car but my own/ I know its your man but I can tell you right now that when it comes to money people change very quickly....

VN_Luke

ƃuoɹʍ ʇsnɾ sı sıɥʇ
Reaction score
Members Ride
Get in the ute
I presumed the 160 was done on a private stretch of road.... - or a non-limited public stretch.

in either case - the big speeds don't really feel that dangerous on a track! - you have a really wide lane, with really good quality surface, the right safety teams and equipment on hand - and not much to hit! - feels smooth as (presuming you don't have any wheel/tailshaft/etc balance issues!)

I can't imagine how bumpy and dangerous a public road must be at those speeds :p - even the 100km/h roads in some places can get 'floaty' at the speed limit!

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
if he's gonna put skinny 14's on (and probably **** rubber) maybe turn the boost down as it may break traction quicker with less rubber and lots of boost

Brin

GOT MANG?
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
Something fully mangin'
tonight, tonight, tonight *singing*

Okie dokie guys, thanks for the support and tips, hey.

I'm all ready for tonight, not as nervous anymore after a little bit more practise yeddy :)

For those of you whom are presuming I have reached 160 kays on the road in my VN, good on ya!! I would not endanger my life nor others, on a public road. Not to mention damaging my pride and joy, as well as possibly ending up with a hefty insurance claim!! If you must know, my mate owns a very large piece of land out in Austral, grass, gravel, concrete, you name it - he's got it!! When I first got my car he told me if I wanted to get up to any mischief, do it in his 2 acre yard - score!

I know it may be no biggie to you all, and 13 secs may be slow, BUT I know i'm gonna have a HUGGGGGGGGGGE adrenalin rush, I know i'm going to LOVE it, so.. *pokes tongue out*

WISH ME LUCK!!

Sabrina

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
:thumbsup: highway max tyres for traction. $67 fitted foamy tells me. fit nice on some ceptor rims:D