Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Drift car

enroh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS UTE, 69 CAMARO!
Lol. Serious question here, don't get ya nose out if joint but how many people who have commented on this thread have built or driven a drift car or driven in any motorsport bracket?

----500rwhp corn juiced & boosted ls1----

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Owned and raced several rally cars here... The original drifting ;)

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt
Lol. Serious question here, don't get ya nose out if joint but how many people who have commented on this thread have built or driven a drift car or driven in any motorsport bracket?

I've raced in events, not a drift car. Only person i can think of that has is Hammatime.

jiimmiiboii

2nd gear trac off = :D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx series ii s pack
But 302? Are you sure? Because that's ford bro? And that's sacrilege into an lj....

Yes I know it's sacrilege but when I got given the motor for free off one of dad's mates I just stuck with it, not spending thousands when I could spend hundreds, mind you it was a burnout car so didn't really give a ####, old mate who gave me the motor ended up buying it before I could finish it, ran out of dollars for a diff so had no choice, apparently he got it engineered and his son uses it as a daily.. Lesson learnt! Never even drove it myself besides rolling off the tilt tray :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt
Yes I know it's sacrilege but when I got given the motor for free off one of dad's mates I just stuck with it, not spending thousands when I could spend hundreds, mind you it was a burnout car so didn't really give a ####, old mate who gave me the motor ended up buying it before I could finish it, ran out of dollars for a diff so had no choice, apparently he got it engineered and his son uses it as a daily.. Lesson learnt! Never even drove it myself besides rolling off the tilt tray :/

You sure it wasn't a 304?

jiimmiiboii

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx series ii s pack
A commodore can drift, and it can drift well, but not with a 6 and not on a small to non-existent budget.

To drift properly you'd want a car with the power to start a power slide with a clutch kick at 120+ km/h, the suspension setup to hold the drift and a diff that will take the abuse. simply put a V6 VX may allow you to get sideways but it is never going to drift until you throw some serious money at it.

I agree, my plan is too build a engine between now and when I get my full licence so I can just transplant it and go, but in the mean time If just like a rough idea on what to change upcoming to then, like suspension etc but was curious wether I could put come parts on to help me slide at the moment, thanks for the reply! Off to the mines in January let the budget rise!

jiimmiiboii

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx series ii s pack
You sure it wasn't a 304?

Na positive it was a 302 Windsor, got it out of an old hilux dad's mate had turned into a burnout car but rolled it, so I ended up with the 302, his an engineer help me do a lot of the work then he decided to buy it when I ran out off funds, I'll check with me old man tho as I could be wrong been years since I had it..

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt
Na positive it was a 302 Windsor, got it out of an old hilux dad's mate had turned into a burnout car but rolled it, so I ended up with the 302, his an engineer help me do a lot of the work then he decided to buy it when I ran out off funds, I'll check with me old man tho as I could be wrong been years since I had it..

Sure it wasn't a 302 Cleveland?