Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

drink driving questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoNeZ-01

"..of mice and men.."
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 50th Anniversary
lol.. The reading I blew in the bag was 0.065, but at the station, by the time I waited for 15mins or whatever it was, it was down to right on 0.050.
They didn't give me a fine on the spot, just gave me a summons to go to court.
So I went to court, and spun a lot of ****.
They waved the fine, and put me on a 12 months good behaviour bond instead, cause I'd had a good driving record.. till I got done DUI.. lol

Last edited:

elemeNtz

It's my first day :3
Reaction score
Members Ride
responsibly

Maci

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 Holden Statesman
its entirely possible to get done the next day. its recommended that you wait 1 hour per standard drink before you jump behind the wheel. but its only an approximate.
if i drink the night before, i don't even think about getting behind the wheel for 12 hours.

vr94ss

walks barefoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS '94/Subi B4 TT '01

11gothevt11

Reaction score
Members Ride
99 VT Sedan
yeh i normaly wait about 14 hours
I own a breath tester don't know how it reads compared the police ones but one time i had only 8 beers then 14 hours later 0.07
But mine was on today tonight and on there testings it was 0.01 reading lower then police ones

spokkeh

Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 VS Statesman
Not surprised, though I'm not usually in a state I'd like to be driving in anyway after a big night!

11gothevt11

Reaction score
Members Ride
99 VT Sedan
its entirely possible to get done the next day. its recommended that you wait 1 hour per standard drink before you jump behind the wheel. but its only an approximate.
if i drink the night before, i don't even think about getting behind the wheel for 12 hours.

what stumps me people say this one standard drink per hour...But no one has ever states how many hours can you do this????
Even the signs at the club

But as i stated befor hand them 8 beers were in about 3 hours

BoNeZ-01

"..of mice and men.."
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 50th Anniversary
2 'standard' drinks does NOT put an average man under .05, it puts you ON 0.05.
0.05% B.A.C is OVER the legal limit, because Blood Alcohol Volume must be UNDER 0.05, for a full(unrestricted) licence holder to be legally allowed to drive.

"The general rule of thumb is that 2 "Standard Drinks" in the first hour will raise your BAC to 0.05%, and one "Standard Drink" per hour thereafter will maintain that level."

Standard Drinks As A measure Of Alcohol Consumption And Intoxication

So continuing to consume 1 standard drink per hour, will continue to keep you 'at' .05, not under .05.

But it's probably safe to assume that the longer you drink, the slower your body will be able metabolise alcohol.
Because the more you drink, the further dehydrated you get, and the harder it will be for your liver, kidneys and urinary system to remove the alcohol from your blood.

vr94ss

walks barefoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS '94/Subi B4 TT '01
2 'standard' drinks does NOT put an average man under .05, it puts you ON 0.05.
0.05% B.A.C is OVER the legal limit, because Blood Alcohol Volume must be UNDER 0.05, for a full(unrestricted) licence holder to be legally allowed to drive.

Is that right? I thought the charge was excess 0.05. Is that just a WA thing as that's the way I remember it from years ago? Could easily be wrong. What are you charged with over this side of Au. I've never had the pleasure of finding out in person.

edit:
[PDF]
Repeat drink-driving offenders in Western Australia 1984 to 1991
File Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat - View as HTML
Excess 0.05% (introduced in 1993 following the introduction of uniform ...... Roads and Traffic Authority (NSW),. Road Safety Bureau. Research Note RN 8/92. ...
https://www.infrastructure.gov.au/roads/safety/publications/1996/pdf/Alc_Repeat.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.