Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Driver runs over car thief - VIC

Darren_L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SS
Yeah I can see your point
But is it worth killing some scumbag over and doing jail time yourself?

but that's a completely different stance to the one you had when you said the owner should get charged with murder... You seem quick to defend the thief's rights...
And no, it's not worth going to jail over, nothing is worth going to jail over. But if the thief happens to 'inadvertently' get run over, then maybe you won't do jail time

gopher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
but that's a completely different stance to the one you had when you said the owner should get charged with murder... You seem quick to defend the thief's rights...
And no, it's not worth going to jail over, nothing is worth going to jail over. But if the thief happens to 'inadvertently' get run over, then maybe you won't do jail time

Got nothing to do with defending the rights of a thief
Just that I think deliberately running someone Ove is worse than someone stealing a car
The guy stole a car and should be charged with that
Other one tried killing the other with a car and should be charged with that.

JMP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 5.7 Berlina
Problem is that as humans we have a tendency where sometimes we can be overcome with rage which makes us stop thinking logically. If you see some drop kick come and try to steal something that means so much to you then more than likely you will fill with rage and not think of consequences.
I tend to look at it this way, if the guy didn't try to steal a car then he never would have got run down. 2 wrongs don't make a right but if you decide to do something stupid or wrong then you should wear the outcome whatever it is.

TwoHeads

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series 2 SSV Ute
I don't believe I am saying this, I agree with gopher. It was just a car, it wasn't a family heirloom, it wasn't a one off car that couldn't be replaced, it was a car and trailer that was more than likely insured. If it wasn't, then it should have been. Yes, I can understand the owner was pissed off, but when you take the law into your own hands then you have to deal with the consequences (i.e. being charged with any offence you commit).

Darren_L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SS
Got nothing to do with defending the rights of a thief
Just that I think deliberately running someone Ove is worse than someone stealing a car
The guy stole a car and should be charged with that
Other one tried killing the other with a car and should be charged with that.

deliberately running a person over is a terrible thing
deliberately running over a piece of **** that just tried to steal your car is completely justified.

Problem is our laws & do-gooders protect thieves and thieves know it. So they keep stealing peoples hard earned property. If he was just dealt with by the our law system, he'd more than likely be forced to pay damages (which he probably has no money to pay anyway) and community service.... Before you know it, he'd be back on the street stealing someone elses car...

So people start taking the law into their own hands, teach a few of these ####'s a lesson. I reckon if that thief lives, he won't steal another car, especially if he gets the feeling people are going to start retaliating. Problem solved. Maggots like that just have no place in our society. Our law should deal with them like some Asian countries - cut thieves hands off.

gopher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
deliberately running a person over is a terrible thing
deliberately running over a piece of **** that just tried to steal your car is completely justified.

Problem is our laws & do-gooders protect thieves and thieves know it. So they keep stealing peoples hard earned property. If he was just dealt with by the our law system, he'd more than likely be forced to pay damages (which he probably has no money to pay anyway) and community service.... Before you know it, he'd be back on the street stealing someone elses car...

So people start taking the law into their own hands, teach a few of these ####'s a lesson. I reckon if that thief lives, he won't steal another car, especially if he gets the feeling people are going to start retaliating. Problem solved. Maggots like that just have no place in our society. Our law should deal with them like some Asian countries - cut thieves hands off.

Thieves have no place in society nor do people taking the law into their own hands and trying to kill said thieves.
I'm more worried about the psychopath in the cars mental state of mind and what other atrocities he is capable of if he's willing to murder over a car

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
sometimes people have a brain fart , where in the heat of the moment they lose all sense , and emotion takes over , what this person did was bloody idiotic , it's not worth facing a charge over , and permanently having it on your record .

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6

No he has just amplified his reply .

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
sometimes people have a brain fart , where in the heat of the moment they lose all sense , and emotion takes over , what this person did was bloody idiotic , it's not worth facing a charge over , and permanently having it on your record .

In the USA is called Temporary Insanity.