Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Driver runs over car thief - VIC

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco

Robber should just be happy he was only hit by a car.

Last edited by a moderator:

vr94ss

walks barefoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS '94/Subi B4 TT '01
People that keep saying its only a car and not worth getting charged over, that isn't the point! I don't car if its a car or a bloody lawn mower, its someone elses property, don't touch it! That thief is scum in my eyes and him being bedridden in hospital is the perfect outcome. He isn't dead, which is good because it will make him think twice about doing it next time.
I don't think the owner tried to kill him either, im sure if old mate wanted to kill the thief he would have, wouldn't be hard to hit him with the front then back over him to finish the job. It sounds stupid but think about it, it is possible to "nudge" someone in a non fatal way.

Haven't had my car stolen, lawnmower, yep. Nope, didn't hit the ceiling, had car vandalised, nope didn't hit the ceiling.. Bad thoughts, thoughts of revenge even but they passed pretty quick, but never murderous thoughts. Punching the **** out of someone for fking up badly is different than threatening their life when yours is not in danger and that is what running over someone is..

gopher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
Haven't had my car stolen, lawnmower, yep. Nope, didn't hit the ceiling, had car vandalised, nope didn't hit the ceiling.. Bad thoughts, thoughts of revenge even but they passed pretty quick, but never murderous thoughts. Punching the **** out of someone for fking up badly is different than threatening their life when yours is not in danger and that is what running over someone is..

Catching them and punching the **** out of them is acceptable
Running over them with a car is not

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Has the driver said what his intentions were when he did what he did? Unless you know what he was thinking we are all making assumptions.

At the end of the day, 95% of people who are the victims of theft only ever find out after the fact, it's actually fairly rare to catch someone in the act. That been the case, unless you have been in that exact situation it's you will not know how you will react. It's easy to get angry after the fact.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Catching them and punching the **** out of them is acceptable
Running over them with a car is not

Heard of the one punch incidents lately and all the media hype about them....bit of a double dutch there

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
What would be really funny is if your car got stolen and you found the guy who stole it and then run him over and got charged and then had to sell pride and joy to pay legal fees and then still go to jail.
I still think vigilantism has no place in a civilised society especially when it only concerns a car
Again that is what insurance is for

Legal fees won't out weigh the cost of a car......

Catching a thief is difficult, so it would be worth it

Sentimental value is worth more than any monetary value.......(yes that car has sentimental value to me)

Not everyone agrees with this sort of justice, but I have noticed the majority of people against this sort of justice own a car that's readily available

Last edited:

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
"Your Worship, I was just preventing the thief from leaving the scene of the crime".

Darren_L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SS
What would be really funny is if your car got stolen and you found the guy who stole it and then run him over and got charged and then had to sell pride and joy to pay legal fees and then still go to jail.
I still think vigilantism has no place in a civilised society especially when it only concerns a car
Again that is what insurance is for

again as we said insurance doesn't replace property that can't be replaced....

JMP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 5.7 Berlina
"Your Worship, I was just preventing the thief from leaving the scene of the crime".

More like

"Your honour, I noticed the gentleman driving off in my car so I ran over to him and told him and pointed out that he had confused my vehicle with his own. He was very apologetic that he had done so to which we both had a really good laugh. We exchanged phone numbers and decided we would catch up later to examine each others cars seeing as we are both interested in cars. I then proceeded to jump in my vehicle and leave but just as I started to take off the gentleman noticed my wiper was not situated correctly on the windscreen and decided to rectify it as he didn't want to see me distracted whilst driving. Unfortunately he did this so quickly that I didn't have time to brake and thus subsequently hit him. As you can see you honour this has all been a big misunderstanding and I never intended on hurting the gentleman let alone damage my vehicle for which I care for very much."