Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Driver seat warning

berty2401

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive S1
Hi there, I have a VY Exec S1 2003 and when I leave the engine running with no one in the drivers seat, a warning sound starts beeping.
The front passenger has to engage the drivers seatbelt to make it stop.
Can anyone tell me how to disable this?
I have a VY S2 2004 and it doesn't have this warning

LightningVP

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II 5.7 SV8
I'm not sure if it can be disabled or not but thats there for 2 reasons, 1 to let you know that the car is still running (quite obvious) and the other is to let you know yo are not wearing your seatbelt while the car is running.

My suggestion, wear your seatbelt :whistling

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
Yea, after a certain period of time with no seat belt on the seat belt reminder comes on. Some models have that for passenger seat too. Disabling it involves dodging up the wiring in the seat belt connector. Wouldn't recommend it!

berty2401

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive S1
Thanks guys. It's just a pain for when you have to run into the shops to get something, leave the car running cause it's stinking hot and you don't want the mrs to get cooked. But then she hates this blasted warning going off.
Cheers anyway

LightningVP

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II 5.7 SV8
so do the right thing and slap her :whistling :rofl:, maybe try and make it a habit to buckle the seat before you leave...wold get very annoying though, or yeah she can just buckle it herself while your get and make sure it's un buckled ready for you to get back in...

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
the warning can be disabled using a tech2, dealers usually wont do it unless its for the police, as requested by GM

Rob

LightningVP

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II 5.7 SV8
or...just go get a broken seat belt and take off the buckle, and use that while your not in the car...

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
berty2401, just turn up the volume she wont be able to hear it then!

I was going to tell you about the tech 2, but since most places wont do it it's a bit useless, if it gets really annoying You can just connect the wires coming from the seat belt connector together, but that will mean you'll never be warned if you dont have your seat belt on!

berty2401

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive S1
Thanks again for your replies. Maybe next time I'll tell the mrs to get out and I'll sit in the AC comfort.
hehe

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
Thanks guys. It's just a pain for when you have to run into the shops to get something, leave the car running cause it's stinking hot and you don't want the mrs to get cooked. But then she hates this blasted warning going off.
Cheers anyway

A sure fire way to get your wheels pinched. Also believe it is illegal in some States to leave a vehicle unattended with keys in it and or engine running.