Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Driver seat warning

Benjamin K

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais V6 Supercharged
A sure fire way to get your wheels pinched. Also believe it is illegal in some States to leave a vehicle unattended with keys in it and or engine running.
His missus is in the car so it wouldnt be illegal, I do the same thing, however I just buckle the seat belt as I leave and get my missus to lock the door :thumbsup: Pain in the ass, but the missus could be more of one if I take the keys and leave her to roast in the Darwin heat ;)

LightningVP

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II 5.7 SV8
His missus is in the car so it wouldnt be illegal, I do the same thing, however I just buckle the seat belt as I leave and get my missus to lock the door :thumbsup: Pain in the ass, but the missus could be more of one if I take the keys and leave her to roast in the Darwin heat ;)

Pathetic, how we need to be that careful these days...What happened to the times when you could leave your house and car unlocked no matter where you where :bang:

Philthy

That dent guy
Reaction score
Website
www.qbdentfree.com.au
Members Ride
3.0R Liberty, XC Falcon
Thanks guys. It's just a pain for when you have to run into the shops to get something, leave the car running cause it's stinking hot and you don't want the mrs to get cooked. But then she hates this blasted warning going off.
Cheers anyway

Thats easily fixed - send the missus into the shops while you sit in the nice cool car :thumbsup:

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
The chime isn't all that loud - how sensitive is your missus' hearing?

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Pathetic, how we need to be that careful these days...What happened to the times when you could leave your house and car unlocked no matter where you where :bang:

Those times still exsist, just not where you live :)

Philthy

That dent guy
Reaction score
Website
www.qbdentfree.com.au
Members Ride
3.0R Liberty, XC Falcon

I'm only 20, and I can remember when I could walk down the street in Jeparit, and if it was raining, go "Oh, that's so-and-so's car, I'll just sit in that until it dies down".
First home buyers grant took care of that though, once ex-cons found out they could get change for their new houses there. Now I'm not even game to take my car there

LightningVP

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II 5.7 SV8

I've left my car unlocked a few times windows down at MY house in broady :whistling also "Accidently" left the back doors open/unlocked a few times...

But I wouldn't trust my car in a street or shopping centre anywhere without making sre it was locked and secure I've even been known to take a few fuses out depending on how long away from the car I'll be, JUST in case

scottifa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Acclaim S2
cheapest fix is get your mrs some earplugs