Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Drivers brake light not working

Juduskiss

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt commodore
Hi there guys just wondering if anyone can help me I have a 98 model vt and my drivers side brake light doesn't work I have replaced all of the bulbs and the fuse and have also replaced the brake light switch and still nothing from that side the left hand side and the spoiler brake lights work just not sure why the right doesnt the right tail light works so it's not the bulbs or connections so if anyone knows anything please let. Me know thanks guys

KTM mad

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Wagon SII
grab a multimeter, and start testing bro!! just keep following it. start at the switch, then work your way back..... the process of elimination is your friend. theyr must be either a broken wire or a dodgy connection somewhere.

umair

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sold my car :(
On my statemans caprice my driver side rear brake light does not work sometimes. I have to give it a good whack then it works.

Juduskiss

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt commodore
thanks guys will check all this out tomorrow hopefully its nice and simple haha

kajak12

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx calais
wiggle the globe around in the holder with someone on the brake, most likely just a bad commection in the holder.
Yes that was the case with my holder bought a secondhand one $50 with globes no problems.