Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Drivers Window Squeak/Rattle

dtrain

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
My Vy is lowered as well. It has the FE2 equivalent in it. It was NOT fitted by the factory though. Holden have told me that those fitted with the FE2 will develop rattles as the tougher suspension causes the body to flex more. OK but why only on the drivers side window??? It's 30,000 K service is due in the next couple of weeks so we'll see what the dealers have to say then. I'm not giving up on this though. I wanted one of the cars for so long that i'm not going to let this rattle beat me. Eventually I WILL find the solution, even if I have to rebuild the whole car myself.

stevegunn

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt acclaim wagon vt acclaim sedan
me too!

Also have/had the same problem in both doors. BUT, after someone very kindly reversed into my drivers side door and it had to have a new skin put on, strangely the squeek has gone from the drivers side? Dont know how this relates to the squeek, it was only the skin replaced not the whole door. Unless the door was removed compleatly and put back on slightly differently?Just waiting for someone to "bump' into the passanger side now! Although not in any hurry of course!

Fekason

Fekason
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 MY16 SV6, 2 x Triumph 2500 (1970/77), manuals
Another Rattle

I had a rattle that seemed to come from the drivers door, or the dash near there. :bang:

Drove me mad for quite a while, until I stumbled on the fact that it was my keys rattling. :rofl:

At least I hadn't got around to pulling everything apart to try to fix it.

Aggro_VE

The Overseer
Reaction score
Members Ride
A lazy VE
How many here have tinted windows, and who has not?. I want to determine wether the tinted windows make it louder, It did it in my VS..Got the windows tinted and it would move in the rubber/squeak, it had manual windows, so I would wind it down only a bit and it would stop. As for electric windows, maybe over time the motor doesnt push it fully up into the the rubber thus not sealing it properly? that could be a cause. The 4 yrs I had my VU ute it didn't do it.

Marks-VY

I love cars
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 Berlina
I did not know this was such a problem. My 2000 VT has a major squeak/rattle although I thought it was due to a accident repair from 2 years ago in the front right corner. I am not looking forward to hearing it from my VY.......shame Holden, shame - that makes it at least 5 model releases without a fix (counting series 1 and 2 with each model). But then again the boot hinges are still preventing the boot from being fully utilised after 9 years........

Aggro_VE

The Overseer
Reaction score
Members Ride
A lazy VE
Marks-VY said:
I did not know this was such a problem. My 2000 VT has a major squeak/rattle although I thought it was due to a accident repair from 2 years ago in the front right corner. I am not looking forward to hearing it from my VY.......shame Holden, shame - that makes it at least 5 model releases without a fix (counting series 1 and 2 with each model). But then again the boot hinges are still preventing the boot from being fully utilised after 9 years........

Your wish may come true next year with the VE. :)

Woogler

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S1 Lumina HBD
Any updates?

Hi

Just wondering if anyone has found a solution yet? :bang:

Stretcher Bearer

A.R.N.G.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 SOCOG Exec 9C1
One of those rattles is connected to the lock button I've discovered especiallyif replaced and not installed properly.

I get the rattle but get more agro about the window never quite reaching the top of the frame. I'mgonna break the winder one day. Constant short term fixes on windows/rubbers. Very poor design

Snap

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY2 Commodore
dtrain said:
....Holden have told me that those fitted with the FE2 will develop rattles as the tougher suspension causes the body to flex more. ....

I have a year or so old VY2 with FE2 and the thing flexes and twists over speed bumps, pot holes and steep drive ways. All the windows squeak in their mountings on even the slightest of bumps in the road whilst driving.

But hey for the price of the car I ain't complaining. If I wanted body ridgity I'd have bought an Audi.