Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Driving habits that piss you off

Struma

Urge Surfer
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Executive Ute
You guys have pretty much got all of my pet hates - but here's my particular bad use of indicator infuriator...pulling up behind someone at a set of red lights, in the right hand lane, then watching the dumb alimentary orifice in front of me turn on their indicator - this seems to happen to me most in peak hour traffic, when you can go a few cycles of the lights without the ignorant fatherless person in front of me managing to get across the intersection; and there is no chance of getting around them due to said peak traffic...when I got my license (o.k. it was a fair while ago) the law was that one has to turn one's indicator on thirty metres before changing lanes, road or direction.

Of course my close second hate is, again when stopping at a set of lights behind someone, (who has pulled up a couple of car lengths behind the line or car in front of them) they begin to slowly inch forward the whole time the lights are red. I hate doing the stop start crawl thing, so I end up with 4 - 8 empty metres in front of me...making me look like the sort of person some other people here have already complained about.

And thus ends todays rant.

hingo1983

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
Chicks in Charades inch forward at red lights so they can get off cleaner and not break traction ;)

VT Berlina 07

15.37 @ 147 KPH
Reaction score
Members Ride
96 EF2 Futura I6 Auto
Chicks in Charades inch forward at red lights so they can get off cleaner and not break traction ;)

haha, yep sad but very true. i once had a person with some sort of crap box sitting up my aarse for a couple ks(it was a single lane until we come to dual lane which had a set of lights) any way i moved over then lights went red. this guy was fuming:D so he decides to creep up/stop/creep up/stop because he couldnt time the lights (but i can):yeah: so i had a car in my lane about 200mtrs ahead which ment this clown was gunna try not to let me infront of him, well it was a 90 zone, the lights went green so i nailed it to 100 beat him by a mile (he was trying) changed lanes and slowed back to 90. this guy came flyin past me over double lines then about 1 k ahead his car was blowing blue smoke and steam coming out the bonnet:p so i blew the horn as i went past him !!!!! that was a classic:w00t:

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
There is one particular stretch of road down here that goes from 80 then a set of lights, gets up to 100 past the lights then back to 80 about 1 1/2 k's up the road to another set of lights. It's dual lane all the way, I'm at the red light, it goes green, I get up to 100, a chick in a Hyundai comes up the right hand lane. Straight away I know what she wants to do, there's nothing at all behind me, so she starts getting a bit in front of me, I keep pace with her so my bullbar is level with her back door. She's still accelerating, so am I, I see the distinctive fluoro sign up ahead indicating a multanova, so I brake pretty hard, she must think "beauty, I'll slip over". I knew she wanted to get in front of me so she could turn left at the lights, but being the prick I am, I wouldn't let her get past. Anyway, she looks in the mirror, over she comes and FLASH, I reckon she was doing about 125, 130. On come the brake lights, bit late but so what. Turns left at the lights with me behind her, all the while giving me the finger through the back window. All I can think is "suck pus bitch". I shouldn't have kept pace with her, but she should have just come over behind me, kept to the limit and not get flashed.

ashleysnep

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
355 VN GRP A REP
haha, yep sad but very true. i once had a person with some sort of crap box sitting up my aarse for a couple ks(it was a single lane until we come to dual lane which had a set of lights) any way i moved over then lights went red. this guy was fuming:D so he decides to creep up/stop/creep up/stop because he couldnt time the lights (but i can):yeah: so i had a car in my lane about 200mtrs ahead which ment this clown was gunna try not to let me infront of him, well it was a 90 zone, the lights went green so i nailed it to 100 beat him by a mile (he was trying) changed lanes and slowed back to 90. this guy came flyin past me over double lines then about 1 k ahead his car was blowing blue smoke and steam coming out the bonnet:p so i blew the horn as i went past him !!!!! that was a classic:w00t:

lol, its like outa a movie,

There is one particular stretch of road down here that goes from 80 then a set of lights, gets up to 100 past the lights then back to 80 about 1 1/2 k's up the road to another set of lights. It's dual lane all the way, I'm at the red light, it goes green, I get up to 100, a chick in a Hyundai comes up the right hand lane. Straight away I know what she wants to do, there's nothing at all behind me, so she starts getting a bit in front of me, I keep pace with her so my bullbar is level with her back door. She's still accelerating, so am I, I see the distinctive fluoro sign up ahead indicating a multanova, so I brake pretty hard, she must think "beauty, I'll slip over". I knew she wanted to get in front of me so she could turn left at the lights, but being the prick I am, I wouldn't let her get past. Anyway, she looks in the mirror, over she comes and FLASH, I reckon she was doing about 125, 130. On come the brake lights, bit late but so what. Turns left at the lights with me behind her, all the while giving me the finger through the back window. All I can think is "suck pus bitch". I shouldn't have kept pace with her, but she should have just come over behind me, kept to the limit and not get flashed.

lol, another good one. wasent a local i suppose? or was a stupid local...:p

Low_VX_Taxi

Blanned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blundstone boots
Had one time when mum was driving a guy decided to do the speeding up on double lanes and slowing down at single lanes... he even watched for mum to indicate and cut her off, so mum indicated right and pulled left, it was sum old man driving! dad threw a full thickshake at his window and we drove off..... people like that shouldnt have their bloody licences!

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Was a local I think, but stupid.

Another one, on the freeway today, a car in front of me doing 95, i pull out doing 100, one car a couple back pulls back into the left lane and roars up the inside and gets stuck behind the car doing 95, she has to wait until about 6 cars go by until she can get back into the right lane. I wait until maybe 3 cars have gone by the slower car before I casually move back into the left lane, some of the cars behind me go past, the pissed off lady goes past mouthing obscenities because I blocked her in. The last speed sign I went past stated 100, I just smiled and waved at her.

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
Ha ha, you've gotta love a bit of road rage - nothing too heated or violent, just enough to spice things up a little... :yeah:

Evolution_Ends_Here

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
Miitsubishi Magna TJ
This is my list

- People who fail to indicate
- People who speed through school zones
- People who speed through residential/built up areas
- People who dazzle you with their lights on high beam at night
- People who fail to give way
- People who fail to stop at stop signs
- Truckies who don't give motorists enough space
- People who overtake when its not safe
- Old farts who complain about how "all young drivers are a menace to society" yet aren't perfect drivers themselves
- Motorists who don't give way to cyclists and pedestrians