Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Driving melbourne to cairns

Brenno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6.0L MY09.5 A6
That's still a big trip in three days if you do the speed limit..

Try and have a stretch every 4 hours or so.. Or put the windows down.. Fresh air is a great thing..
On the inland I'd recommend making sure your spare is in good nick and grab an emergency inflation kit incase..

Once you hit QLD on that road you are gonna hit a shitload of roadworks (that's where I work).. So definitely don't bargain on getting through southwest QLD doing the speed limit..

Andy1171

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ executive
That's still a big trip in three days if you do the speed limit..

Try and have a stretch every 4 hours or so.. Or put the windows down.. Fresh air is a great thing..
On the inland I'd recommend making sure your spare is in good nick and grab an emergency inflation kit incase..

Once you hit QLD on that road you are gonna hit a shitload of roadworks (that's where I work).. So definitely don't bargain on getting through southwest QLD doing the speed limit..

yeah i have heard about lots of road works, after the first day which i am to do 12 hours i will make up my mind whether i continue on my 3 day plan or change it to 4

Andy1171

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ executive
should be degree or 2 cooler by then hopefully haha may get as low as 30 during the day :p

i love the weather anyway even summer i can tolerate spend all of december/jan up there cant stand melbourne cold anymore

K-BAGZ

De Plane! De Plane!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR II S-pac V6 Ute / VZ SV6 Sedan / VZ R8
The humidity will be hard to deal with. Come stop in Mount Isa for a day. You'll think that's bad. Go work 2kms underground, now that's killer.

Good luckt with the trip. Pack appropriately and plan your route. And keep in touch with your family!!

ncass11

Reaction score
Members Ride
'81 Diesel Hilux / '75 Landrover series 3
when you get to cairns, watch out for taxis, my mother WILL NOT STOP/ or slow down for people that dont use pedestrian crossings

good luck on your trip

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Could get a Rooshoo

Dunno if they work, i have a couple on my car. For $5 if it works then brilliant, if not then **** aye.

Personally, gone through National Park and deers stopped on side of road when driving by. Didnt do anything like run away or whatnot.

Haigh Animal Repeller - Black - Supercheap Auto Australia
312160.jpg

Could be just a affective as snake oil
But for 5 bucks, why not