Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Driving melbourne to cairns

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Could get a Rooshoo

Dunno if they work, i have a couple on my car. For $5 if it works then brilliant, if not then **** aye.

Personally, gone through National Park and deers stopped on side of road when driving by. Didnt do anything like run away or whatnot.

The only thing thats going to help you with a roo, is a big bloody bullbar.

Andy1171

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ executive
just wondering as i am on my p2 licence now what are the nsw rules on the freeways are we restricted to 90km/h even though my licence is victorian?

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)
If you are planning to go inland. Get in touch with the RFDS. Let them know your itinery.
All you need to do is let them know which way you are going and ETA to each stop.
When you get to each destination, let them know you have arrived safely.
If you don't arrive within the specified time or don't let them know, they will start a search.
They will allow time for unexpected stops ect.
May sound drastic, but it can save a life.
I have used this method numerous times and it's great for peace of mind.
See this site for details. Phone numbers, locations ect.
Our Bases | Royal Flying Doctor Service

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
just wondering as i am on my p2 licence now what are the nsw rules on the freeways are we restricted to 90km/h even though my licence is victorian?

As far as im aware, you are restricted to the current rules in place for P Platers in the state

Whatever the rules in VIC are, NSW you have to stick to 90km/h for Red P Plater, Queensland you are allowed to abide by the signed posted limit.
Thats what my old flatmate and i found out a couple years back.

Check up though

EDIT2

NSW
http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/licensing/gettingalicence/car/provisional_licence.html
P1 drivers must:

•Have P plates (red P on white background) displayed conspicuously at the front and rear exterior of the car when driving. The letter P on the plate must not be hidden. If towing a trailer, a P plate must be on the back of the trailer.
•Not exceed zero blood alcohol concentration (this means you cannot drink before driving). It is also illegal to drive under the influence of drugs.
Observe a maximum speed limit of 90 km/h.
•Observe towing restrictions (you are only allowed to tow light trailers of up to 250 kilograms unloaded weight).
•Automatic transmission vehicles – You are restricted to driving an automatic or clutchless manual transmission vehicle if tested in one.
•Not supervise a learner driver.
•Not upgrade the licence to a higher class.
•If aged under 25, you may only carry one passenger under the age of 21 between 11pm and 5am.
•Only carry the number of passengers that can be properly seated in seats and restrained by approved seat belts or child restraints.
•Only drive vehicles that have a seat belt fitted to the driver's position and you must wear the seat belt.
•Not use any functions of a mobile phone including hands-free devices.
•Not drive certain prohibited vehicles.

Here ya go, for QLD
http://www.tmr.qld.gov.au/~/media/L...eensland/Nov 2011/YKTDCHAP2ROADRULESPARTB.pdf
Learner and provisional licence holders
There are no specified reduced speed limits in Queensland for learner or provisional
licence holders. You should drive according to the speed limit and the conditions
for the road on which you are driving.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
On well travelled highways I wouldn't bother with the RFDS. Something like that would only be beneficial if you're planning to go somewhere you don't see another vehicle for days at a time.

You could do the same thing with a family member or friend. Tell them how long you're planning the trip to take, and call them once a day to let them know where you're at. Then let them contact the right people.

Sent from here, so you can read it there. via iPhone.

Andy1171

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ executive
just had a look as im p2 im allowed to go a maximum 100km/h which is much much better than 90 that would stuff up my trip by a few hours

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Ahh ok, didnt know you on green P plates

NSW yeh is 100km/h
QLD is signposted limit, so can do 110 etc or whatever is shown.

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
If you are driving at night alot of the way a couple of layers of wax on the front helps to clean bugs off later.

Good luck with the trip.

Last edited:

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)
On well travelled highways I wouldn't bother with the RFDS. Something like that would only be beneficial if you're planning to go somewhere you don't see another vehicle for days at a time.

You could do the same thing with a family member or friend. Tell them how long you're planning the trip to take, and call them once a day to let them know where you're at. Then let them contact the right people.

Sent from here, so you can read it there. via iPhone.

It doesn't matter where you go. It's always benificial to let them know. It's free.
By all means let family and/or friends know your plans but serious time can be wasted going through multiple channels to get help.
Doesn't hurt to have their number just in case.

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
I`m with the Nut Kracker