Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Dumb things you've done working on a car?

87RB30VL

Swiggidy Swag
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
09' FG XR6 Falcon, 75' HJ Kingswood Ute
I tried to start my auto VL in reverse today, took a few minutes to realize it was in gear hahaha

LittleMissVE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Clubsport
I tried to start my auto VL in reverse today, took a few minutes to realize it was in gear hahaha

I do that in my mum's car all the time. I've only ever had manual cars, used to starting it in whatever gear I want... Nearly every time I forget to put auto's into park then panic when it won't start.

Never actually worked on a car in my life, apart from changing a couple fuses or light bulbs in the old VT.

Not very clever with that kinda thing. Only just worked out the other day I was able to lock all the doors by pressing a button inside the car (other than my keys).

Dr HaxZaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
R34 GT-T
Seeing as theres a common theme here with auto's am i the only one who feels like a dumbass when you go to hit the clutch in an auto?

LittleMissVE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Clubsport
Seeing as theres a common theme here with auto's am i the only one who feels like a dumbass when you go to hit the clutch in an auto?

Nope. Do it nearly every time. Feel even more stupid when I grab the gear stick when I start to slow down or take off...

myvyute

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy II calais
i had being at work for 2 months and got the job of servicing the work ute, anyways in the pit under the ute and dropped the gearbox oil (not even realising). punched a hole in the oil filter and fitted a new one. jumped up top and put about 5 litres in the motor. checked the dip stick and it was way over the full mark. couldnt work out what was going on. so i put another 3 litres in the ute. checked the dip stick again and it was still over the full mark. jumped back under neath the ute to realise that i had drained the gearbox. felt like the biggest dick. but still get a laugh out of it now haha

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR

Lazyr8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII R8 CLUBSPORT VE SS v2 monaro hsv avalanche 46
had my stereo on the other day while i was working on my vr was taking out the cluster to fix acommon problem lazy fuel gauge
anyway somehow i blew Indicator relay,later broke the black econ button surround ( fixed with super glue) and knocked a desktop off a desk not related to car but still was a **** day and full of fail.

upside is i fixed the fuel gauge :rofl2:

GTS-Replica

Full Members
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V International / VS GTS-R Replica!
Put a vr cluster in a vn... i shed my self it smoked up hard never again...