Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Dumb things you've done working on a car?

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais ls1, vp berlina 3.8L
Put a vr cluster in a vn... i shed my self it smoked up hard never again...

i did that too. think mine was a vs cluster in my vp. little smoke show in the cockpit. my wife was like "is it ment to do that? i was like yea thats how you know its working....

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8
I copped side cutters to the face once. I replaced drive shafts on some car at work, and as I was putting the split pin in the end, my side cutters slipped off and wacked me right in the face. Don't ask me what car it was, I was too pissed off to take any notice.

bonners

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sting SV Black Edition Tourer
Does it have to be a car.... When working on my pushie years ago, I was doing something to the crank/pedals. The spanner was on but it wasn't budging until suddenly it let go. The result.... My hand flew round in the arc and the knuckle of middle finger went straight onto the cog. It cut open, fractured the knuckle and lifted up..... Goose.....lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Potta9

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve r8 , B2600
Some good ones here . I had a hose split on a transmission under a bogger (underground wheel loader) needless to say 60ltrs of scorching hot ATF came down ontop of me . Not fun at all

Reaction score
Members Ride
supercharged vt II acclaim
wrap the extractors with cheapo exhaust wrap on a30deg day wearing only boardshorts...

lol and im still farkn itchy...

painting a car without hardner was my best effort.. woops :D

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
I put 4L of Engine Oil in an Auto trans once.

Luckily i realised what a ####wit i was before i started it so just dumped it all again.

Jimbo05

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS-V Ute
On my VY SS I was hungover one morning stuffing around in the engine bay and when doing up the engine cover bolts I snapped not one, but two threads from not paying attention. Oops

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E..VF2 redline W375.. 200 series landcruiser
was spray painting my new stroker motor and hadnt realised that i kicked the valve clean off the used oil drum releasing its 20l worth of black oil all over the shed floor :/

SP00KSTER

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS UTE, HT MONARO REBUILD
forgot to completely drain the engine of water and when i ripped off the inlet manifold i had water pour out down the valley into my oil and a couple of inlets, not to bad of a problem but still anoying to fix. also one time working on a pushie tightening the centre crank bolt and pushing the opposite way on the pedal, the spanner let go and the pedals came flying round and smacked me in the side of the head, felt awesome for a while and gave me a wild head ache.

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
Changed the distributor on an 84 Subaru. Took me 3 days to get it running again. Firing order is obviously wrong but how?? Even called the RAC round to have a look, he left me with the opinion that the timing chain was on wrong.. though I hadn't touched that.

3 days later, sitting watching tv.. have a brain wave. Go out and change the firing order, and fires up instantly. Distributors dont always turn in the same direction.. if only I had paid more attention whilst watching the rotor spin !