Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

dyno results?

Status
Not open for further replies.

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
It was originally about a Supercharged VT beating a stock auto wrx, he said they did not launch that hard and using my experience of driving one I stated my belief that they do not LAUNCH quite as quick as a VN/VP.

If you don't understand the argument, then dont comment.

And to you Sean/VL Berlina 5 Speed. If you are going to continue posting on the wrx site, use a spell checker because my 5 year old brother could outspell you with ease. "siverlised", "consiquence" etc... We have a bad enough reputation on their site as it is.

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
i did read your post, it was mainly about bagging 1991_Vn2nV's car, and saying how us "v6" boys are the best thing going, yep, thats what you said

can agree with vl berlina 5spd that the v6 boys think they are the best things going!

i said i dont care if my car can outlaunch them by 5ks, did YOU read MY post? do i have to quote myself?

SICK SS

7L 427ci BABY
Reaction score
Members Ride
427 ci vu ss a4 ve ssv a6
"runs to the front counter to get more pop corn"

chirping2nd

Reaction score
its amazing how much s#!t gets talked on here, it was about dyno results, and now it is about if a vn can beat a wrx to 40km/h.... my nana drives at 40km/h who cares.

vn's are probably one of the worst cars i have driven, the throttle is like an on/off switch. they handle like a boat, they are not quick(even if it does have a "freak" engine). wrx's are nothing to be happy about, yeah they go like a cut snake in first, hit second its like someone chucked an anchor out the window. let this thread die.

wrc

Reaction score
OK, if it is a supercharged VP, which I have not driven, against a an auto WRX, that hardly exist, and if it is dry tarmac, I could see it beating it to 40 km/h. Assuming you just booted it and did not load it up against the brakes. But so what? Like i said earlier, autos are pretty bloody rare in WRX's so the whole point is pretty close to meaningless.

The MY01 is the slowest WRX- at least as a manual- the auto is probably the same between MY01/02.

VN2NV, it is good that you like your car like you do. While not my cup of tea, if that is what floats your boat, then that is what enjoying cars is all about. But for an awful lot of people, envy of your car is a long way wide of the mark. Do I think my car is better than yours? Well, for me I think it is. Do I think you agree- maybe not. Do I think you envy it- same thing. So why do you expect the rest of the world to envy your car?

By most ovjective measures, as a performance car, a WRX is considered better than a stock V6 Commodore. You really do yourself no favours when you come on to a forum and find one tiny area where your car might be better than a WRX- and a rare one that is slowest in this area of all the WRX's.

Thhink if i had a standard Mini Moke and I found (for arguments sake)that from 0-5 km/h, it was quicker than your V6. Surely you would see why such a comment is unworthy of being made. Who cares, you could rightly ask. And if I made that comment on a forum, what would you expect the reaction to be?

wrc

Reaction score
its amazing how much s#!t gets talked on here, it was about dyno results, and now it is about if a vn can beat a wrx to 40km/h.... my nana drives at 40km/h who cares.

vn's are probably one of the worst cars i have driven, the throttle is like an on/off switch. they handle like a boat, they are not quick(even if it does have a "freak" engine). wrx's are nothing to be happy about, yeah they go like a cut snake in first, hit second its like someone chucked an anchor out the window. let this thread die.

If the thread should die, so be it. But WRX's as standard (manuals) do not even hit full boost in first gear. Only once in second does this occur. So your last point is in fact the opposite of how the car performs.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
wrc, thanks for putting up a decent argument that seemingly no one could match, but this thread is just running in circles.

A VN/VP will hardly beat any car off the line, let alone an Auto WRX. Maybe it will for 8ft, who knows.

As for this thread.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.