Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Dyno tested 80rwkw

naf33n

go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
How did you get 80rwkw off your car... I have a stock standard vz sv6 auto and it pulled 165rwkw on a tafe dyno the other week... Ps with a manual your supposed to do it in 3rd..... And as a rule of thumb.... It's 20% loss of power through the driveline in a manual and 25% power loss in an aut

that is clearly a happy dyno, no standard sv6 has come close to that, especially one 6-7 years old, mine did 147rwkw stock with 4000ks on it and 6 months old.

as far as im aware, your meant to do it in a gear as close to 1:1 ratio as possible, 3rd is not. in the lower gears all your doing is multipling the power and torque through the gears, which will give a higher reading (willing to be corrected if wrong)

VT-565

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
How did you get 80rwkw off your car... I have a stock standard vz sv6 auto and it pulled 165rwkw on a tafe dyno the other week... Ps with a manual your supposed to do it in 3rd..... And as a rule of thumb.... It's 20% loss of power through the driveline in a manual and 25% power loss in an aut

I know what I'd rather be saying.....

Better to say I've got 80rwkw and work at it....than say i've got 165rwkw and be full of ****

torana355

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SERIES 2 MY11 SSV A6 in IVY GREEN

I think you mean rwhp not rwkw buddy lol. If you did pull 165rwkw it would have about 220kw at the flywheel....

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
I hope you're learning fashion design or something at TAFE. Because you sure arent learning much about cars.

vz_sv6_owner1990

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS storm ute
Actually mate I'm doing heavy vehicle/road transport apprentiship(3rd year).. And that figure was obtained on a truck dyno which apparently can read up to 10kw over what it really is

torana355

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SERIES 2 MY11 SSV A6 in IVY GREEN
Actually mate I'm doing heavy vehicle/road transport apprentiship(3rd year).. And that figure was obtained on a truck dyno which apparently can read up to 10kw over what it really is

Even 155rwkw's is way to high. Try 20kw over....

CRUSTIN

P-plater
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S 175 Ute
vz_sv6_owner1990:2029267 said:

This is a rare coincidence, I'm doing the same apprenticeship at the same level. You going to acacia ridge tafe? If your in qld.

vz_sv6_owner1990

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS storm ute
Nah mate I'm in Sydney. But when you do your next dyno run do it in 3rd gear and I can guarantee you will get at least 150rwkw. Cause in 3rd gear is where manuals have the most torque and power delivery.. One of the other guys I was doing it with had a ve sv6 thunder and he did it in 3rd gear and he made 175rwkw..

CRUSTIN

P-plater
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S 175 Ute
Did you have a Maha dyno? Because when I did the first run in 5th it burnt rubber at 170kmh, in 4th it was gutless. I know an inertia dyno will get a higher reading with a lower gear, but this isn't. I will test 3rd 4th and 5th anyway though.