Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

easy upgrades for 308

squiblex

UNSEEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 308
how doyou take a vacum readin wat tool do i need for it an are they expensive to buy?? how much is a commpression tester aswell?? i got a good price for service stuff $100 for all new brake pads allround 10.5 mm leads an a altenator belt :p cheerin, its not wat you know its who you know these days :D lol

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
to get a vac reading you need a vac guage. bout' 80 bucks. you can get cheaper but i wouldnt. the guage gets stuck on the full vacuum port of your carby. you can use manifold vac, but full vac is more stable. chock the wheels, chock the brakes, put it in drive and watch what the needle does. its more than just the number you are looking for, its the behaviour of the needle. vac reading will tell you all sorts of things about whats happening inside the engine.

vkberlina

VK Madman
Reaction score
Website
www.members.westnet.com.au
Members Ride
VK EFI 5L, VK 134 Pack, LX8 Adventra, MF35 & MF50b
to get a vac reading you need a vac guage. bout' 80 bucks. you can get cheaper but i wouldnt. the guage gets stuck on the full vacuum port of your carby. you can use manifold vac, but full vac is more stable. chock the wheels, chock the brakes, put it in drive and watch what the needle does. its more than just the number you are looking for, its the behaviour of the needle. vac reading will tell you all sorts of things about whats happening inside the engine.

Lol my last 202 had next to no idle vacumn thanks to the insane camkeeping inlet & exhaust valves open at idle once the rpm picked up it was awesome