Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ebay amps?

SweetWagon

booosted
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina Wagon Supercharged

In reality your only going to get what you pay for, Theres no way of really telling how long it would last.
The absence of adjustable hi-lo pass crossovers does not give it much tuning ability. Appears it only has preset fullrange and a low-pass (sub) setting.
My advice is it may be OK for running sub if your on a very tight budget,
But it would be best to fork out a bit extra and look at the Jaycar Response range, they offer very good value for money amps.

benny mckellar

boobs,blowers,burnouts
Reaction score
Members Ride
e2 maloo
oh ok thanks can anyone suggest a cheap amp that will run 2 pairs of speakers i need about 4-500 watts

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
You should start a "benny mckellar's questions thread" and ask everything in there or we could create a new section for all your separate threads :p

Cheap crap on eBay. If you don't have much money, look for second hand name brand amps or Jaycar amps.

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
Why do you need 4-500 watts? What are you running? Is that Watts max or Watts RMS?

You should only look at the RMS ratings as they're more accurate.

benny mckellar

boobs,blowers,burnouts
Reaction score
Members Ride
e2 maloo
yeah i was lookin at the max one pair is 280 watts max and the other pair is 220 sorry bout all the questions but i'm on a pretty tight budget and don't wanna learn the hard way(expensive way)

SweetWagon

booosted
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina Wagon Supercharged
oh ok thanks can anyone suggest a cheap amp that will run 2 pairs of speakers i need about 4-500 watts

If your running two pairs of speakers your best getting a 4 channel amp. As stated you need to look at the WRMS rating of the speakers and get a 4 channel amp with a similar WRMS rating per channel, about (+/-15%) of each other or thereabouts is a good approximate.
My mate recently picked up a secondhand Alpine 4ch of ebay fairly cheap.

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
What brand and model speakers are they? We need to find out the Wrms rating so we can tell you what rating amp would suit them.

CANYONERO

Likes Cheese...
Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 6spd wif MOMO leavaa.
i bought one of the exact same amps off ebay that you have put a link up on because i got it real cheap, right now its powering two subs, had it a few months and works fine. im about to sell it with the subs as im upgrading but for a temporary amp, does the job!.

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
had a cheapo "boss" brand amp in the boot for 4 years and apart from one stinking hot day after 6 hours of running (it went into protection mode til it cooled a abit) i never had an issue. Where abouts are you? I'll sell it cheap!...