Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ebay bar cover

woteva

NEED 4 SPEED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 Sportwagon - VR2 V6 ecotec Wag - VS2 V6 Wag
Cheers @two-bit I will wait a few weeks as there must be a 20% storewide coming up soon and I will grab one.
Might have a Bathurst sale in a few weeks ?
Also their storewide discounts are on store stock only, no special orders discount

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Done that a couple of times with plate in full view on reo bar...only time got a lecture was driving v8 lc gtr to servo no bonnet,exhaust with stockies on back whole car covered in dust lol

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I picked a pretty good bar cover today I paid $40. It needs a strip and paint and a small weld on the bottom clip area on one spot. It has some minor scratches under the bottom lip, which I can fill and sand.
20200928_175320_resized(1).jpg

Reactions: Lex

VPRob

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP executive sedan V6
losh look at the super cheap auto site in the parts guide under body, 127 dollars for the bar pick up at the store let them worry about shipping.
Do they do VP front bar covers too? Looks like you did pretty well there Losh.

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
To be brutally honest there are so many superb "Genuine" front bars simply torn off VR and VS's at UPI it nearly brings me to tears each time I see one just laying there with its corner bolt mount area maggoted by some arsehole that just wanted something located behind.

You have to be one of the first to remove good body parts of a newly released vehicle out into the yard.
UPI hurts me anytime I go in. People are brutal a$$holes. Just rip at everything to get what they want regardless of the destruction to other parts.

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
Was going to say, depending on if you or someone else is doing the prep and paint it can be cheaper to just get a new unpainted one (even if repro) and just go from there.

Had mine replaced twice now, first time was near 10 years ago after i bought it and was fussy and then second time was when someone reversed into it. Panel Beater said straight up cost to strip/repair/prime/paint wasnt worth it. Same as if the little crease line down on the bottom lip isnt dead straight it can be very difficult to get right.

But if youve picked up a solid one as it looks for $40 and are doing all the works yourself, it shouldnt be a bad project.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Was going to say, depending on if you or someone else is doing the prep and paint it can be cheaper to just get a new unpainted one (even if repro) and just go from there.

Had mine replaced twice now, first time was near 10 years ago after i bought it and was fussy and then second time was when someone reversed into it. Panel Beater said straight up cost to strip/repair/prime/paint wasnt worth it. Same as if the little crease line down on the bottom lip isnt dead straight it can be very difficult to get right.

But if youve picked up a solid one as it looks for $40 and are doing all the works yourself, it shouldnt be a bad project.
It would be around 300 to prime and paint a new bar cover. Plan is to get it stripped and primed and then possibly top coat in 2k. I could have a go myself but I'm only average at best when it comes to painting. I can spray a panel fairly well in acrylic but a bar cover with all the in's and out's I could get runs.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Started stripping the bar cover last night. Gone through $20 1L tin of stripper and will need another 1/2 litre to finish it. Overall cost wise it might have worked out similar price to buy SCA one but fitment could be a problem with aftermarket. I think I will still come out in front slightly but it won't be by much

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
I picked a pretty good bar cover today I paid $40. It needs a strip and paint and a small weld on the bottom clip area on one spot. It has some minor scratches under the bottom lip, which I can fill and sand.
View attachment 214741

Sand blast it,
That will get the majority of the paint off.