Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

eBay Chinese fuel injectors - warning

shadetreemechanic

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR v6
G'day all,

Well I wanted to get some new standard fuel injectors recently and I saw them going for about $170 a set on eBay. Knowing that they sell for $80 each OEM new old stock (Bosch in this case) it got me researching.

Turns out that anyone can hit up any of a number of Chinese factories that claim to be able to pump these things out at a rate of 100,000 per month and sell em for as little as $1 a pop. That's exactly what the eBay sellers are doing...

For proof look at Manufacturers, Suppliers, Exporters & Importers from the world's largest online B2B marketplace-Alibaba.com

Do yourselves a favour and find a workshop with an ASNU ultrasonic cleaner and service your original quality Bosch/Denso/Siemens/whatever injectors instead of throwing them away in favour of who knows what cheapo rubbish.

nes138

Reaction score
Members Ride
FC HOLDEN with 5LT V8 (VT)
Nup they are the best quality. Isn't that why Holden are making commodore from there as well???

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
I don't understand this thread, is it warning us that cheap **** Chinese injectors are cheap **** Chinese injectors?

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
someone just found alibaba

joker.gif

VTSSLS1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS LS1 A4 227rwkw
Any ultrasonic cleaning machine can be used on these, the main thing is that the correct fluid is used. There is specific ultrasonic injector cleaning fluid, which is very strong stuff. Also you need to be careful with how long you run the injectors for in the fluid, or it can cause the valves to stick. Likewise leaving them out of the car for longer than a few days after cleaning, they can stick/seize and be worthless. And you need to make sure there is none of the cleaning fluid left in the injector before putting them in the car, the best way to do this is a flow machine, but failing this you could thoroughly clean them with carby cleaner.

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
i buy all my injectors off ebay or aliexpress LOL only ever had 1 dud injector that was stuck open.going 11.1 on ebay seimens dekas that cost 300ish for a set sure beat the $120 each over here LOL

Munz

Right Foot Action
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais LS1 / VL RB30e daily
These days all injectors are probably made in china......

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Just like my DBA rotors and Bendix pads. Chinese made doesn't make something ****, Chinese knocked off, usually does.