Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

eBay Chinese fuel injectors - warning

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
its all down to quality control. brands like bosch cant afford to get a **** name, so their quality control is fkn tight. whereas brands like procomp dont give a rats arse.

alibaba are basically a means to buy stuff from suppliers that have ZERO quality control standards. it'd be like: does it click when voltage is applied? yes>pass>put a little QC sticker on it>throw it in a box>sell to some stupid western guy on ebay

shadetreemechanic

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR v6
Yeah, some of em say GENUINE in the title...and even offer warranty and replacement. Those sellers seem more trustworthy to actually sell real stuff not fakes. Like delcowizzid, I think yours were real Siemens/VDO ones for $330 if you have a look on eBay at the moment (or are they actually fakes even if they say they're real??)

But others are no-name or say stuff like "Bosch replacement"..get em if you wanna end up with melted pistons lol :mad:

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Just like my DBA rotors and Bendix pads. Chinese made doesn't make something ****, Chinese knocked off, usually does.

I don't get it, DBA rotors and Bendix pads are made here.

Last edited:

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
DBA moved production of OEM/Street Series to China a while back, was written on the box of my last sets from GSL. You're right on the Bendix, I made an assumption, but just checked the box, we're pretty lucky, their Chinese made stuff is for export, like the US it seems.

Either way these guys manufacture in China, and the products are fine. Give it time, there will be none at all in OZ.

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
OK the dirt cheap ones. I just bought a set of 14" T3 4000 series from GSL, paid over a grand not just because they are the best for my setup but because they rfkn Australian (with little triangle ROO badge on packet) not like cheap Asian RDA.
[video=vimeo;24192150]http://vimeo.com/24192150[/video]
Further to that got QFM pads over Bendix because they are made on the Gold Coast!

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Ironically they weren't dirt cheap until after they moved operations. My first ever set of streets series weren't much cheaper than 4000's. I nearly got 4000's, but way overkill for me. My last few sets of T2 have been a bit over $100 a corner.

I hope they move all their operations soon, like Brembo, I guess it's inevitable. 4000's would be nice.

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Yeah I reckon T2 would've been a good option too.
So some cheap Brembos are made in China?! I bought mine because they are the automotive equivalent of Italian shoes.
jevuzunu.jpg

Last edited:

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
OK the dirt cheap ones. I just bought a set of 14" T3 4000 series from GSL, paid over a grand not just because they are the best for my setup but because they rfkn Australian (with little triangle ROO badge on packet) not like cheap Asian RDA.
[video=vimeo;24192150]http://vimeo.com/24192150[/video]
Further to that got QFM pads over Bendix because they are made on the Gold Coast!
You buy them because Australian but quote in inches like a yank, lol.

Husky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII L67 Berlina Wagon and VEIISSV M6 Sportswagon
Ironically they weren't dirt cheap until after they moved operations. My first ever set of streets series weren't much cheaper than 4000's. I nearly got 4000's, but way overkill for me. My last few sets of T2 have been a bit over $100 a corner.

I hope they move all their operations soon, like Brembo, I guess it's inevitable. 4000's would be nice.

$100 a corner is still pretty good. I got a set from Supercheap on sale for $89 a corner and the sales guys was shocked, he looked it up and apparently that is their cost price.